Sunday, March 05, 2006

Lazy Sunday!!!




It's definitely a lazy sunday today and since I don't have anything planned, other than doing laundry (big surprise there LOL), and cleaning around the house, I decided to start my blog with one of those fun questionnaires that are always floating around cyberspace.





  • My real name is: Sandra/Sandy
  • I may seem: normal (lol)
  • People who know me think: I'm a nice person (at least I hope so)
  • If you knew me you’d probably: think I was snobbish and uptight
  • Sometimes I feel: Totally overwhelmed
  • My days are pretty: Hectic and crazy
  • Yesterday: The weather was yucky
  • In the morning I: Hate getting out of bed.
  • I like to sleep: Once in a while? *hint hint kids* LOL
  • If I could be doing anything right now I would be:On vacation in Mozambique, with my whole family, sitting at the beach side restaurant, eating seafood and drinking a beer (great, now I'm depressed lol)
  • Money: Wish I had more to spend
  • One thing I don’t have that I wish I did is: Family close by
  • One thing I have that I wish I didn’t is: Bills
  • All you need is: Family, friends, love, patience, and belief.
  • All I need is: More free time and more alone time with hubby
  • If I had one wish it would be: to have all my family living near by and to always have health
  • Love is: Wonderful, crazy, obnoxious and so many different things.
  • If I could see one person right now it would be: My greatgrandmother, I miss her
  • Something I want but I don’t really need is: Books and a maid LOL
  • I live for: My family, the journey of life and the simple things
  • I am afraid of: being alone
  • It makes me angry when: People are two faced and can't accept you for who you are
  • I dream about: No clue, I dream every night and it's always different things
  • I daydream about: Growing old with my husband, owning my own business, successful kids and again, being near my family



You know one thing I love? The recycle center on base. This is the place where a lot of people drop off things that they no longer need, or things that they need to get rid of because they are PCSing somewhere. You'd be surprised at the awesome things you find there. I was able to pick up baby gates to block off my puppy from certain areas in the house. We also got Nicholas a bike (in REALLY good condition, practically new). So, you may ask where I'm heading in a few minutes? Yeah, the recycle center. Got some stuff to drop off and just going to look around.
You know what they say, someone's trash is someone else's treasure.

Have yourselves a great sunday, remember to spend family time together. Again, keep the troops in your prayers and hope for their fast and safe return to US soil.

God bless.

8 comments:

Valkyrie said...

Ha ha, want a maid? You need to come back home..hee hee. Mind you, I don't have one either...darn

Sandra said...

LOL valk....could always use a maid...I miss mine that I left behind. I should bring her here LOL

Courtney said...

Maid! Music to my ears!

Anonymous said...

I have a maid - once a week. It was one of the luxuries I gave myself because I worked long hours. When I lost my job, I did not have the heart to let her go as she needs the money. So I do without things in order to keep her on.

I would love to hear your story of how/why you left ZA and ended up living in the States. I would miss my family dreadfully too and that has been the one thing which has stopped me from spreading my wings.

Anonymous said...

LOL Sandra - I just read your hubby's blog - all is explained.

Now there is hope for me. *wink*

Sandra said...

LOL Michelle yeah it was one of those internet things. It was HARD leaving my family and they have still not met my kids, only through emails, photos and phone calls. BUT I'm planning on coming to SA this year. YAY :)

Anonymous said...

It must be very sad for your parents. My mum has never met her granddaughter in Quebec and unless my brother jacks up his life and makes money, I doubt we will ever meet her. I would miss my mother dreadfully, that is why Mr Good For Me, has to be extremely rich as where I go .... my mum goes too. LOL.

Will you be bringing the kids too?

Sandra said...

Oh yeah, the kids are dying to meet everyone back home and I want to take them EVERYWHERE. One stop is definitely the Kruger National Park, I have such great memories from camping out there LOL