Saturday, April 15, 2006

Can you Hear me NOW?!?!?!



Yep, I woke up this morning with almost no voice at all. Know who's happy about it? THE KIDS!!! Nothing like trying to yell at them for something and no voice coming out, which sends them into fits of laughter.
I could get mad for them making fun of me, BUT hey, it won't last forever and when I do get my voice back, there will be payback LOL
Just kidding!!!

Boy yesterday was hectic around here. It's usually like that on payday, there's errands to run, bills to pay, groceries etc etc. I was already not feeling too great and I guess all the running around just finally did it for me.
Know what I miss??? I miss sleep!!!! I miss being able to get into bed and sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Know that feeling???? No worries, no noise, no kids keeping you awake.
I used to be able to do it before the kids came along, but the minute I had them I think I developed this WHOLE other sense. They just move in bed and up and I'm wide awake from a deep sleep. Hubby thinks I must have some supernatural power to do this since there's times the kids will be standing right next to him yelling and he sleeps through it. HOW is all I ask????
Teach me these tricks, I know I'm becoming an old dog, but I'm sure I can still learn. LOL

I managed to do groceries for 2 weeks for $197. Now that includes everything, the food, the pullups, the extras, the snacks etc. So I'm proud of myself. It took me a while after we got married, to come up with the right plan for us. I would just go into the store and buy stuff and then try to figure out what to make with it, but then I remembered growing up, my stepmom would make menus and the grocery list accordingly, and I thought, I have to do this. She was raising 4 kids and things weren't easy at times, but she managed.
WHAT A LIFE SAVER!!!
For any newlyweds out there who are still struggling with the whole budget and food issue, try it, believe me, it's a huge help.

But moving on, not much planned for today. I can't really do much seeing that I'm not feeling well, was supposed to work on the yard but that has to wait until the rain lets up a bit. We've had wonderful temperatures, yesterday it was 70 degrees, it was sunny for about 30 minutes and warm and felt like a summer afternoon.
Just one of the annoying things about living on base. We get a knock on the door on thursday afternoon and it's one of the guys from Housing!!!
We have 48 hours to mow the front yard, don't know why because the grass is not long at all, believe me, I will even post a picture later just to show you........and also behind our backyard fence. According to him, it states in the housing manual that you have to mow 6 feet behind your fence. I haven't been able to find that in the manual but what do I know??? I've just lived her for 8 years right???
The bad thing is that if you don't get this stuff done, when they want it, they will write you a ticket and then contact the commander BLAH BLAH BLAH.
So we haven't done it......why you may ask? Because it's been constantly raining for weeks, day and night and I'm NOT mowing in the rain, that's ridiculous. So stay tuned, for I'm sure our run in with the housing office is not over LOL

I gotta get the Easter baskets done today and I need to send hubby to the store for chicken.....yes, the commissary here had NONE yesterday. How do you run out of chicken?
It's not the first time either, it's becoming a habit for them. HEY IT'S PAYDAY, EVERYONE COMES TO GET GROCERIES, LET'S MESS WITH THEIR HEADS AND HIDE ALL THE CHICKEN!!! LOL

I've had quite a few people ask me about the places I've lived. I never really thought about it until I started mentioning them on the blog. As most of you know I was born in Mozambique.

After the whole independence war thing happened, my family packed up and first moved to Zimbabwe, formerly Rhodesia. Another beautiful country.


We didn't live there for too long before moving to Portugal. My grandparents stayed behind though and lived there for a few years. Portugal is where I grew up and started school at.
Want to see my school?
I have a LOT of wonderful memories from my early childhood there, as I'm sure you've noticed from my "Remember When???".

Then in 1984 we moved to South Africa. That is where we stayed and lived until I got married and moved to the states. So in all effects, to me, I'm South African. That is where I have some of the best memories of my life. I grew up there, that's where I had my first boyfriend, my best friends, my first job, where I graduated and where I really consider my home.
When I think of going home, I think of returning to Johannesburg, where my family still lives.


So there you have it, just a little insight into where I've lived and what I've seen. If you ever have any questions or want to know more, feel free to ask, I don't mind sharing :)

And that's it guys, I'm outta here, I need to get some medicine and still have some chores to do today. Hope you all have a wonderful saturday, and don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow with some Easter wishes for you all :)

4 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

Wow on the groceries--such a nice feeling :) And I MUST do the menu thing :( Just not organized.

Loreth who sometimes comments on my blog is from SA too. Now she lives in Canada, and my b-i-l and his family live in Zim. Interesting world :)

Courtney said...

Wow $197 for 2 weeks?!?! Do you use coupons? I save coupons like crazy but never use them. I really need to it could really help. Especially with the baby!

Hope you feel better & get that voice back!

Anonymous said...

What I love about your blog is that whenever I check in - there's always something new! As for saving money - I just love Clicks! I get around R400 every 3 months in Clicks vouchers from just swiping my card there. I usually spend it on myself - but lately I've taken to buying stationery to keep for when the Bubby is at school - so we may well NEVER run out :)

Sandra said...

Toni - That is so cool, what a small world it is. Definitely do the MENU thing, it helps a LOT :)

Court - Yeah I'm so proud of myself LOL I don't usually use coupons because like you I save them but then forget to use them. LOL I just do the menus which helps me stay on track and not go overboard. :)

Valk - That is soooooo cool. I remember shopping at Clicks a LOT, I loved that store. Wish there was one here LOL