Sunday, April 23, 2006

What a day!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone, come on in and sit down, I've got hot coffee and donuts. Just want to make sure you're all comfortable before I begin. I feel a long post coming on LOL

The party was a success, I don't think I've seen 15 kids have so much fun, in a LONG time.
As usual we had some that said were going and didn't show up, and some that didn't say anything at all come to the party. What's the best thing is that, remember yesterday I was freaking out over the party favors and not having enough, and then I just put it in God's hands and moved on. Didn't think about it until the end of the party, when I went to hand out the bags, I ended up with a bunch left over that I was able to send home to the little brothers and sisters of some of the kids. How about that?
Guess I had my own multiplication of fish going on, well, in this case goodie bags, but still LOL

If you want to see more pics of the party go HERE.

For now I'm sharing 2 of my favorites, one of the whole bunch together, and then the second is of my Nicholas and Sydney, they are HILARIOUS together!!!!






We had the little ones bowling in their own lane so they wouldn't interfere with the older kids. Boy did they give us a show, I was so disappointed that I had left the camcorder at home. Everytime one of them bowled, the other went up and gave moral support LOL
And my Nicholas gave us all a show by dancing constantly while bowling. If you could only see him move those hips, we were all very entertained and amused by him LOL
How sad that he can dance better than mommy and daddy, he definitely puts us to shame.

But moving on, for the past week I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a REALLY sore throat, and I have this dry cough that is very annoying.
When I got up yesterday I was NOT feeling great, I had a little bit of a temperature and just wanted to crawl into bed.
But I got up, cleaned my house, made sure everything was ready for the party, and even managed to make dinner and stick in the refrigerator, that way when we got home I would just have to put it in the oven and that's it. By the way, for those who read my food blog too, I have the recipe posted on there, I made Cheesy Kielbasa Bake.

I have to say that by 6pm last night I was sooooo ready for bed, not only was I exhausted from the party, but my throat was killing me. Nicholas went straight to sleep, I knew he would because he had a big day. Jasmine however was tired but not ready for bed, and she wanted me to play with her. Now you moms know that there are times you REALLY don't want to do anything, and last night was one of those. BUT I decided to just do it anyway to make her happy. So we played with Bratz Dolls, she got 4 for her birthday and is just in heaven. If only you could hear her talking while she plays LOL
She was pleased that some of the dolls were named Yasmin too.
I heard her on my bed playing with the dolls.

Jasmine - Want to go ride horses? (says the cowgirl bratz)
Jasmine - I'm scared of horses can't we just go to the mall? (says hollywood bratz) LOL

Jasmine - This one is from hawaii.
Me - Oh really, why do you say that?
Jasmine - She has this big ugly flower on her shirt mommy, that's why.
Me - Oh, so that's how you tell huh? (you're always learning with these kids lol )

Jasmine - Why is this girl only wearing a shirt?
Me - That's not a shirt, that's a dress.
Jasmine - Nuh Uh, look it only goes right under her butt, that's not a dress.
Me - I'm sorry to say honey, but it is...it's just a really short one.
Jasmine - That's disguuuuuuuuuuusting, I would never wear one like that. (YAY so happy to hear that)

Then she wanted to play CandyLand. I was sooooooooooooooo tired but said I would play one game. So we did, and then of course when that one was done, she asked for JUST ONE MORE, so we did. By the time we were done and I told her that mommy really needed to lay down, she was the happiest kid I've ever seen, calling me "honey bunny" and telling me that mommy and daddy deserve something really nice for throwing her such an "awesome" party.
Ahhhhh these are the moments we live for.

What a weekend this is going to be. In about an hour I have to run out and buy a present for Cody, one of the kids that came to Jasmine's party. She is going to his birthday party at 2:00pm today. I think I'm sick of birthday's LOL
By the time you're done with it all, you've spent a ridiculous amount of money.

Yesterday I had a small package waiting for me when I got home. I opened it up and found the next 2 Nooma DVD's in the series. My mother in law had sent them to us and I'm sooooo excited, I can't wait to watch them. For those who are not familiar with them, they are by Rob Bell who is a pastor.
Wonderful Wonderful short movies, just amazing. He gets you hooked from the first minute and he teaches us such amazing lessons about God and the bible. If you want to know more, go to the Nooma site.
I just got Trees and Sunday so hopefully I can watch them today and let you all know what I thought.

And that's it, I've got to get dressed and go get the present, then come home and get more laundry done. Hope you're all having a great sunday, and I'll be here tomorrow, bright and early :)
Before I leave though, I want to ask you to pray with me for the troops and their families, may God keep them safe and reunite them soon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had such a fun birthday party. We are doing the Nooma videos with our church small group and just did the Trees one this last week. They sure do give you a different perspective on how you see things sometimes its just what you needed. Gloria

Margie (and Fae) said...

I'm glad it all was a success!

Sandra said...

Gloria - The Nooma videos are excellent, and you're so right, they give a different perspective and sometimes it's all you needed to help you through a rough time or to help you understand the message :)

Margie - Thanks, we had a lot of fun :)