Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ahhhh beautiful morning......

The weather has just been amazing lately, and even though we're supposed to have some thunderstorms later today, we're still enjoying the warm temperatures.

I took some pictures of the kids as we were getting ready to leave the house. Then I got back from dropping off Jasmine and quickly made myself a new desktop using the pictures. What do you think?


Thank you all for the wonderful comments left about my new blog look. I love messing around with graphics programs and just recently started learning html and how to tweak templates to my liking. I would have never guessed that it would be so much fun.

These past 3 days the kids have been at each other's throats, you wouldn't tell by the pics above, but really, I'm about to go nuts. I keep thinking that if this is what awaits me when school lets out next week, I will either go completely crazy, or run away. I'm looking forward to the summer break just so we can sleep in and not feel so rushed, but as awful as it may sound right now, I'm not really looking forward to the two kids being in the house 24 hours a day. I better start working on some ideas for outings.

For those of you that check my food blog, I updated it this morning with the recipe for those Cream Tarts I had mentioned and I also posted a recipe for the Salisbury Steak I make, as per request from one of the ladies. As always I love hearing from everyone, and if you try one of the recipes, let me know how you liked it :)

So here is my to do list for today:

  • Laundry
  • Sweep and Mop
  • Vacuum
  • Wash Windows
  • Wash Curtains
  • Give Lola a bath

Doesn't sound like much at all, but withschool letting out earlier today and the two kids home, who knows what I'll get distracted with. Hopefully I can get everything on the list done, that's my goal.

I weighed myself today, don't ask why, I don't know, sometimes I think I like putting myself through the whole "Weight Issue" torture. So I get on the scale this morning and it says 130lbs, so now I'm ecstatic, I'm jumping up and down and thinking WOOHOO, you did!!!
Well nevermind that I've been eating too much lately, not drinking enough water, and snacking at night time. I try I really really try to stop and just can't help myself, it's totally out of control.
But I am in denial, I mean seriously, 130lbs?!?!!?!?!?
I look back down and it says ERROR.....it stays there, flashing at me, taunting me, I can almost see it smiling evily and cackling.
I get back on it and it says 137lbs........well DAGNABIT!!! Not only was the 130lbs a fluke, but now I'm being told that I actually PUT ON a pound. That scale is ONE inch closer to getting dumped!!!!

I think I'm having a "Flug Day", if you don't know what that is, head on over to Emily's blog, she will explain LOL

My son has taken to speaking spanish. I've tried so hard to talk to them in portuguese, because that's my language and I would love for them to be bilingual....but no, Dora the Explorer has beat me to the punch. She has achieved what I haven't been able to. Maybe if I start video recording myself saying things in portuguese and acting silly, like a cartoon? Wouldn't be that far fetched to do, my life is like a crazy cartoon at times.
The reason I bring this up is because just now as I was sitting here typing, Nicholas said "mommy help me", he wanted some help with one of his toys. I said just a minute and then he said in a stern voice "Mommy Ajuda me". THAT caught my attention. This kid is going places, he knows just what to say to get you to listen.

Well I'de love to stay and chat all day, but duty calls. This thing of being a mother sometimes gets in the way of things, but hey, it's what I signed up for right? Besides, if I didn't have my kids to keep me busy I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I better get started on that to do list, unfortunately no matter how much I beg it to, it won't get done on it's own. *sigh* it's not too much to ask!!!!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you :) Hey can I work on one for you? Is that something you would be interested in? I actually have an idea for the banner etc....just let me know :)

Courtney said...

Thank you for All's birthday wishes & I love the pics of the kids. Your just like me pictures pictures & MORE pictures!!!!!!

Charla said...

Hey Sandra, I love the new template and the new desktop pic! I am so computer illiterate it's not even funny!!!! :) If you're ever feelling "skippy" (my little word I love), I'll gladly let you work on changing mine! :)

It sounds like Jasmine and Nicholas are a lot like my Savannah and Zach..loving eachother one minute and at eachother's throats the next!! Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!! :) I'm trying to brainstorm some ideas for this summer also, want to try to keep the kids as busy as possible. When they get bored, they get into trouble!! Never fails!!

You guys take care!! Big hugs!!

Charla

Karyzma said...

Sandra,
WOW!! I am totally in love with the new look you have going on with your template! How did you do that! I didn't even know that you could make desktop backgrounds. Could you show me how? I would love to make a background with our wedding photos! :o) And, how did you make the blog template? I hope you have a great weekend!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sand, help me out here, I'm trying to post a video from video code zone - how do I get it to open up when people read my post? All I get is a link showing in my post? Help - pretty please? Thanks

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the new look. So nice. Makes me feel as though I'm on holiday :) Love the new pics of the kids too. I think kids go through cycles of getting along and then again not

Sandra said...

Charla - I will work on one for you today, I don't mind at all and it's something I have a lot of fun with :) Sounds like our kids are very much alike, did you know that Jasmine's middle name is Savannah LOL

mystik - I use paintshop pro for my graphics and to make collages for the desktop, there are free PSP you can download online and there are also tons of tutorials available :)

Valk - pick the song you want and then when it gives you the code, copy it and then paste it into your posts. It will automatically start when someone visist the page :) If that doesn't help let me know or email me at bourlancs@msn.com and I can explain further :)

Mel - thank you :) That's the feeling I was going for, being on holiday all the time LOL