Thursday, May 25, 2006

BLEH!!! Mothering and Sickness should NOT

Don't forget to remember me - Carrie Underwood

be allowed to co-exist. Really....I think mother's shouldn't ever get sick.
I am feeling a little better this morning, I'm not vomiting anymore but that constant feeling of nausea is still here surrounding me.

I want to start by thanking you all for the kind words and for the prayers, I don't know how I made it through yesterday, it's all a blur actually. I couldn't walk, every step I took felt like my head was going to explode and the only time I felt a little better would be laying down, BUT with my body being so weak and hurting so bad, that was just not working either.

Here's what I have learnt......when a mother is sick, the world doesn't stop. Wouldn't it be great if it did??? If somehow everything would pause until you were back to 100% health???
It doesn't work that way though, and I spent yesterday doing nothing more than being sick and praying every chance I got, and let me tell you, if it hadn't been for all your prayers and God co-mothering with me, I don't know how I would have taken care of the kids.
Just fixing them lunch was an adventure all it's own......nothing worse than being sick to your stomach and trying to fix mac n cheese or hotdogs or anything for that matter.

I'm so extremely grateful that my kids cooperated though, they were really good for me, and when I took them both upstairs to my bed so I could try and get some rest, they stayed there watching tv and not making a sound. I even got some pictures they drew to make me feel better.......Nicholas' one was a bunch of squiggles which he then proudly explained in detail that it was me "puking". In his own words "look it's mommy puking". Ummmm thanks honey, that's beautiful (not really what I wanted to see or hear when I'm sick to my stomach, but hey).

Tomorrow is the last day of school, Thank God!!! I think by this time of the year, the kids are tired of school and so are the parents. See when I was growing up I was one of those kids that really didn't care much for school. I kept thinking "I can NOT wait until I'm done and then I won't ever have to worry about getting up early and all that". WRONG!!!
I'm not in school and I'm still getting up early to get MY kids off to school. In many ways, I think that parents go through the whole school years with their children, we live it through them, not only because we get up with them but we go through the happy times and the bullies, the detentions, the thinking spots, the achievements etc. It's been a true learning experience for me.

I have so much to do today, it's crazy how the house just falls apart when mommy is out of commission. BUT, I don't want to push it because I'm not 100% yet, so I'm going to take it easy.

Curt just emailed me and said that he is not feeling well at all, seems he might be getting what I had. AGH, I hope not!!! He will probably be home early from work. That's the thing with this stomach flu, once you start feeling sick it only takes about an hour for things to get worse. Hopefully he doesn't get exactly what I had, I would hate for him to go through it, it's one of those things that you don't wish on your worst enemy.

Well that's it for me. I am going to finish my tea and my toast and then I have to head to the commissary to get WIC and to the Self Help for a Carpet Cleaner. THEN I'm coming home to relax, if I push it anymore I'm probably just going to relapse.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and an ever better long weekend. Have fun with the family and stay safe. I'm sending you all cyber hugs and thank you again for the prayers :)

4 comments:

someone else said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I really, really hope today is peaceful for you with lots of rest.

Did you watch American Idol last night? Carrie Underwood opened the show with this song. She sings neat stuff.

Overwhelmed! said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hate being sick, there's just not time for it!

Neat music video. Thanks for sharing!

Courtney said...

Glad your feeling a little better & hoping tomorrow you'll be our Silly Sandra again!!!!
Love ya girl,
Court:)

Sandra said...

morning glory - I did watch American Idol, I've become hooked on it and love watching it with the family, just like you and yours :) thanks for the well wishes.

overwhelmed - You're right, there is NO time for being sick, not when you're a mommy....we really are superwoman at times :)

Jaimy - Boy that had to be hard being sick when your baby was 2 wks old. Unfortunately hubby got it too, I feel so bad for him :(

Courtney - Thanks Court, I feel much better today and am back to my kooky self LOL Love ya girl :)

Emily - You're an angel, I would have loved that. You know JUST what I needed to make that day better :) Really wish we lived closer, you're such an amazing lady :) LOL I know how much you love laundry, as much as me right? LOL
Sending you loads of hugs and love :)