Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday!!!

Ok Ladies I'm going to make this one really sort. Since yesterday at about 2pm I've been really sick, vomiting every 15 minutes. I haven't been able to keep anythin down since about 11am yesterday and I'm not feeling good at all. My body is really sore and I spent the night in the bathroom. Nothing like a really bad stomach bug to make you loose weight, I went from 137lbs yesterday to 133lbs this morning, pretty scary.

So if you can, send a little prayer my way, I know it's nothing serious but having the two kids to take care of while not being able to walk and getting sick every 15 minutes, is not easy, I'm going to need all the help I can get.



Anyway, here's my WFMW, remember to go on over to Shannon's blog for a list of other participants.

During the winter times every morning it was chaos trying to find gloves, hats and scarves. There was always one missing.

I realized that I had to come up with a way to keep them all in one spot to make our mornings easier. Since I didn't want to go out and buy a shelf or boxes, I decided to use what I already had.

I had a small shelf by the entryway, I cleared up the top shelf and then found these two empty lego boxes that belonged to the kids and were going to the trash. I put a label on each with their names, and everytime they got home, that is where they dumped all their stuff. Never again did we have missing items.

Now that it's summer time, we use the boxes for their library books, water bottles, baseball caps or anything else we need for our outings. It works for me.

Well I better get off here, I'm not feeling well at all, but wanted to share my WFMW. Hope you all have a great day and hopefully I'll be back tomorrow and back to my usual self.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Get better soon!!!!! Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers! Nothing worse then mommy being sick. Its just not suppose to happen right?!?! I love the idea too! Thank you for sharing.

Blackeyedsue said...

Cute idea. We use a planter with drip holes in the bottom. I painted "Mittens and More". It sits at the bottom of the garage stairs and all kids are required to dump the excess before they come in.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better quickly. There is nothing that zaps your strength and energy than constantly throwing up. Take good care of yourself and try to get as much rest as you can. ((( hugs )))

Pam said...

Hope you feel better soon! I am praying for you. I think you should get the WFMW award of perseverance. No one else is posting in between trips to the bathroom to vomit . . . at least not that I know of!

Take care of yourself. Get some rest if you can!

Glass Half Full said...

Loved the idea! UGH - the dreadful stomach bugs!! This school year seemed to be the worst for those in our home. I pray you are healthy again soon. Moms aren't allowed to get sick, right?

Toni Anderson said...

I hope you're better soon!!!! Poor you!

Anonymous said...

ok, 'vomiting' and 'every 15 minutes' should just never go together. praying.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Hope you feel better. I have a big box, but the individualized ones are a great idea. I wonder which lego box I could plunder?