Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wow talk about a nice surprise :)

This morning while doing the Treasure Tuesday I get an email notification, so I go over and check it. I have my blog set up to send me an email anytime someone posts a comment.
I open up the email and I'm thinking "Oh no way, that can NOT be what I think it is". Someone had posted a comment on my blog and not just anyone, one of my favorite authors and as many of you know, has been a great inspiration to me. You know who I'm talking about yet????
I don't know if I should tell you, should I?

Maybe I should do the Ryan Seacrest thing and say "I will tell you who it is, RIGHT after this commercial break!"

Go on, go get some coffee because you're going to be blown away LOL

Alright, alright, I think I've kept you in the dark long enough. The comment was left by Karon Phillips Goodman. Ring a bell???

You're Late Again Lord?
Another Fine Mess Lord?

YEAH YEAH, that's the one, the author actually left me a comment and added me to her blog. I'm thrilled beyond words. Here's what she said:

Dear Sandra ~~ Thank you for your kind words about my book! I'm truly touched :) [I don't know much about blogging, but I'm trying to start and I added you to my list :)] Thanks again!

Many blessings,
Karon
http://karongoodman.blogspot.com/

So if you get a chance today and if you're interested in Karon's books, I'm sure you've heard so much about them through my blog, I'm constantly talking about them LOL, go on over and say hi to her, she's just started a blog called Every Woman's Travels.

Jasmine's school is having their yearly Family BBQ, so we get to go eat with her, she's so excited that daddy will be able to make it, usually he's working and can't be there.

I did my weigh in today and I'm still at 136 lbs. I would be upset BUT I've truly been eating like a pig since sunday. Maybe because it was Mother's Day and I had a huge breakfast and then a big lunch etc, yesterday with all the running around I ended up having McDonald's which I'm sure have the fat in my body throwing a party. If that isn't bad enough, hubby picked up Krispy Kreme donuts....WHY, WHY would he do something like that???? Not only do I love donus, but Krispy Kreme? That's torture. So I'm ashamed to say that I had 3 yesterday and one this morning, I can practically feel the fat pumping through my veins "Woohoo she's feeling rebellious, let's multiply, she won't even know." *Sigh*

You know how I always say that when I'm reading "Another Fine Mess Lord" or when I read the other one, there were always words that jumped out at me?
Yesterday was no exception, listen to this:

"The path to more order and peace is the same no matter what the situation, no matter if it happens in your home and you can touch it, or if it happens in your heart and you can feel it. Making sense of the chaos in your life brings order, and it's not complicated unless you choose to make it so. There's always less disorder when there's more of God in everything you do. Know that, put it first."

So many times I think, well if I can just get this problem fixed then I will be able to concentrate on God. NO NO NO NO......big NO NO!!!! That's not the way it is. Put God FIRST, then the problem will get fixed. I used to believe that I only needed God for something major, something really earth shattering. Wow was I a fool. The minute I started involving Him in the smallest detail, everything moved a lot more smoothly. I don't know why I brought this up today, maybe I'm just hoping that if anything, it will help remind some of us that He needs to come first and the chaos will disappear.

I leave you today with a prayer for the troops, you know how much I appreciate them and their sacrifices.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the brave
young men and women of America
who are now in the battle front defending freedom.

May they come home, honorably and victoriously,
before we have been apart from them too long and may
they all come home safely into the arms of those
who love and miss them.

God Bless
each and every one of our young men and women
and may He protect and watch over them
during this time of conflict.

Our prayers will not cease until they are all safely home.

4 comments:

someone else said...

Wow, and Wow again. What a way to start a day!

Anonymous said...

do you ever come across a post and think 'I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT?!" not that it would have sounded as good, just that my life is eerily like yours in the details. same scale/exact weight moment this morning. husband has doughnuts on counter (not KK, off brand), and i had the very same author moment a few months back when kristin billerbeck visited my site! my. hero.

love the prayer for the troops, too!

Anonymous said...

How awesome that she left a comment on your blog!!!

Sandra said...

Emily - I'm so glad my book quote helped you. I'm so sorry that you're going through this rough time and if there's every anything I can do for you, just let me know :) Hugs,Sandra

holymama - LOL I've had those moments before, it's like reading a page from your own journal. I'm glad you stopped by :)

faith - Thank you :) I'm not sure how she found my blog, I was shocked that she did LOL