Saturday, May 13, 2006

You know you're on a diet when........

you are so immersed into a book and then certain words have you sallivating. Really, it happened to me last night!!!
I'm laying in bed reading a book, not food related, and these words come up: "Listen, remember she's my daughter, not one of your cupcakes." *DROOL*.....ooohhhh cupcakes, imagine a big chocolate one with chocolate frosting, oooh oohhh no, one with cream cheese frosting and coconut on top, or a white one with sprinkles.....*DROOL*......UMMM where was I???

That's exactly how it went, I had to put the book down and remind myself that I'm watching my weight and cupcakes are a big no no right now. Wow who knew a book called "Navy Brides" would have me craving a cupcake????

I ended up not going to the party last night, Nicholas was not feeling well at all and was running a bit of a temperature, and now it seems Curt and I are heading the same way. It just seems that there's always a cold going around this place, just when you think you're safe, out come the Kleenex again.
Since I didn't go to the party, I did however speak with Valerie in the afternoon and placed an order. Now, I'm not one for spending tons of money and The BodyShop is a bit pricey, but it's only this one time so I thought "why not?", call it my gift to myself for Mother's Day!!!
I got the Papaya Body Butter, Papaya Shower Gel and Papaya Body Scrub, plus a bottle of Strawberry Body Lotion for Jasmine. Can't wait to get those in :)

While reading through "Another Fine Mess Lord", one of the subjects was "It's a List, A Choice". This is what it said:

"Do you face each day knowing God is right beside you? Do you have the great belief in Him that frames everything else? Do you have the faith that can move mountains and the strength that can slay giants? It's more of God first, in these ways and many others, that brings you the order you want.
Finding that order means filling the voids where you need God to be, allowing more of Him in your home and heart so you can keep what you need and discard the rest.
Remember: What you need and don't have is disrupting the order of your life, and what you have and don't need is disrupting the order of your life. Understand both, and order and peace will follow."

"I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands"
ISAIAH 49:15-16 NIV

Again I say WOW. We've lived our whole lives in this thought that the more you have, the better off you are. We struggle through life to make money to buy those "material" things that only seem to bring more unhappiness and stress, but that is what society finds acceptable right???
Change like anything, is a hard concept to grasp, it means going out of your comfort zone and doing something that many will not accept, many will criticize, but if you do it, the rewards far outweigh those times. I'm willing to do it, I'm willing to get ready of those things that are only weighing me down, in order to make room for those things that will not only make me spiritually lighter but also happier and stress free.

"Lord, You know what I have and what I don't want to have. Please help me bring order to the chaos".

I thought that every Saturday I would post a list of the sites I visited during the week, those that caught my attention for one reason or another....call it Sandy's Weekly Surfing. Why not?!?!?

Lori Foster - I've been visiting Lori's site for a while now, I actually help her make graphics for her site and her Cafepress store. If you love romance books, then be sure to check out her site, she's awesome :)

FamilyLife - My MIL actually introduced me to this site and I'm sure glad she did, it's a christian site with so much information and great articles. There are devotionals for couples, Parenting tips, Family Issues etc. Great site, be sure to check it out, and if you have little ones, this article "I Want To Do It Myself" is wonderful.

PrayerCentral - Great place for prayers and for teaching you how to pray hence this quote "If you don't want wimpy results, don't pray wimpy prayers."

Nooma - Remember the Nooma DVD's I've mentioned before? This is the main site for the, you can read about them, you can watch previews and even download discussion books for each DVD.

The Salt Cellar - Christian Store with a wide selection of music, books, kid products etc. Check it out, it's wonderful :)

Well my coffee has gone cold and my toast is now soggy, so I think that means my blogging for today is done. I truly hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, whether spent at home with the family, or out camping or having fun. I will be here tomorrow with a special "Mother's Day" wish to everyone and then back to normal blogging on monday :)

5 comments:

Lisanne said...

A *very* happy Mother's Day weekend to you, Sandra! You were invited to a Body Shop party? I'm envious ~ that would be wonderful! hehe :) Of course, I'd probably spend *wayyyyyyy* too much. I love their body butters, and their bergamot line of products smells incredible. :) Oh, and about the food thing ~ I find myself waking up in the morning and thinking, "What will I have for breakfast???" I get so excited about food, LOL! :)

Colloquist said...

thanks for the Saturday Surfing sites! At the expense of your coffee and toast, but I'm sure we'll enjoy your links! :)

Courtney said...

GREAT.....Now I want a cupcake!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day to you!!! I agree, we need to spoil ourselves every now and again

C. H. Green said...

Thanks for the list. It will give me some new places to hover.