Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sigh.....the joys of military life!!!


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will remember that I really detest swing shift and midshift. I was really happy a few weeks ago when Curt came home and told me that he was back on day shift, it's been wonderful and the kids love it :)

Well yesterday he gets home and he says

Curt - "do you have any appointments planned for this week, during the day?"
I look up from fixing dinner.
Me - "Nooooooo, why?"
Curt - "well because this would be the best time to do it".
Me (still acting dumb) - "why is that, do you have the week off?"
Curt (quickly walking away) - "no I don't have the week off"

I knew it, right there and then I knew that he was either back on swing shift or midshift. Yep, I was right, back on midshift for this week (or so they say). In military lingo it means something completely different, if they tell you they need you on swing or mids just for a week, it usually means 3 months the least. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!
But hey, at least he's home with me, right? And I shouldn't be complaining about the schedule, I know a lot of military wives out there would rather have their husbands home working cruddy shifts, than having them overseas. :)

I managed to get all my computer work done yesterday, in between getting interrupted every two seconds with the kids either fighting, whining, begging for food (like they never eat), or needing my attention for something.

If you go over to our Pug Blog, I've redone the template and the name to include Bella.

I also redid my food blog and added a new recipe, for Baked Mexican Chicken. Be sure to go check that one out. I will be adding more today and the menus for the next two weeks as soon as I have those completed.

I am dreading summer, I have to say that even though school just got out, I'm already daydreaming about the day it restarts. Does that sound mean? Does this make me a bad mommy?
I hope not, because there's only so much whining and fighting a person can take before joining the loony bin. I love my kids to death but there's days (well lately, everyday) that I just can't bear it, I want to run away.

While talking to my friend Veronica on the phone, we both have stated more than once that we just want to run away LOL
At times it becomes impossible to hear each other or have a conversation, I'm either yelling at my kids to be quiet, or she's doing it....it's actually quite funny!!!

Are any other mom's going through this right now? Please say yes because I'm tempted to throw my kids in summer school just so I can keep my sanity for the next 3 months. *Sigh*

Lord give me all of us strength to get through this.

I have to run out and get WIC checks, then run to the library (yes I spend a lot of time there, no need to mention it) to return movies. Hubby watched "Jarhead" last night and then woke me up at 2:30am just to tell me what a BAD movie it was and how much he disliked it. LOL
I also need to go by the Self Help for another carpet cleaner, grass seed and some other tools to work on the yard. What fun!!!

So girls, ladies, kids, I hope you have fun today, whatever it is you need to do, put a smile on your face and get through it. Let the Lord take over, you'll be amazed how much smoother things will run.
See you all tomorrow, I will have my Works for me Wednesday tip up. Still gotta go figure out what to use for that, there's days that my brain wakes up fried. Today is one of the said days.

Look below for my Tackle it Tuesday and Treasure Tuesday posts. :)
God Bless!!!

8 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

Trust me Sandra... you are NOT the only one who feels that way. I go nuts with these 4 home 24/7 - I'm going batty I tell you!

I tried homeschooling - it just didn't work out! I don't have the patience or structure for that matter to pull it off. I have a lot of respect for women who can do it!

But no doubt, I LOVE MY KIDS!

Courtney said...

Oh yes same here. Just ask Charla! My kids will be angels until that phone rings & they suddenly grow horns! LOL!

Angie said...

Oh no, you are so not the only Mommmy that thinks or feels that way! Luckily, my kids are in year round school so thye are going back the middle of July. Yay!
I love being with my kids too, but geez "go fight somewhere else!" I don't know what happens when they are home verses being at school, but the school talks about how sweet they are and how they all take care of one another, but at home, it is WW4 EVERYDAY! If they can all get along at school then surely they can do it here too!
Just a thought!
Hope your (our) summer gets better! I heard that locking them in the closet or shed is against the law...hmmm. I'm just kidding guys, really I am! :)

rena said...

One of the things I really like about blogging is I get to look in on the lives of people so different from mine. But one thing I think we can all agree on??? Being a mom is the hardest job on earth!! I was looking forward to school starting the day after it got out! But now they're both young adults and it's sooo much easier. Hang in there..they grow up way faster than you think.

Veronica said...

Okay, Sandy you know that I feel your pain. We need to start switching days with kids. I'll take yours one day AKA your day of peace you take my oldest 2 one day AKA my day of peace. See you tomorrow!

Michelle said...

I am with you on the kids and needing a vacation. I love my son but why does he try me so much? Is it because I am mom? The world may never know!

Sandra said...

Liz - LOL I'm with you on the homeschooling, I think I would only do it if it was an extreme necessity. I'm just not cut out for it.

Court - isn't it amazing how they just appear out of nowhere the minute the phone rings LOL

angie - LOL you had me laughing with the "locking them in the closet or shed is against the law" LOL

mugwumpmom - Being a mom really IS the hardest job on earth, that's why it frustrates me when I hear someone say that sahm must be so easy LOL YEAH IT'S JUST DANDY!!! LOL

Janice - LOL swing shift is usually from 3pm to 11pm and midshift is usually from 11pm to 7am. As for the cussing, hey my hubby answered it best below your comment LOL

michelle - Oh boy do I know the feeling, I keep asking my kids why they constantly have to push the envelope and try my patience. We need vacations, all the mommies LOL

Christina said...

This sounds like our house. My kids are always whining, yelling, screaming, etc. I can't wait for school. Thank God in Hawaii we are year round modified school calander. Only 5 week summer break. My husband also works mids and swing. He is an MP in the Army. Can I put a link to your blog on mine? Thanks