Tuesday, June 20, 2006

TREASURE TUESDAY!!!



The treasure I have to share with you all today, is near and dear to my heart. It's a "Journal" that I kept from the first day I met my husband, to the day we married. As many of you may know, ours was a complicated relationship as I talked about here.

I kept the journal and wrote in it every night, my thoughts, my fears and my joys. The ups and downs of our relationship, the deployments, the year apart etc., everything was written down and when I go back and read it nowadays it's just amazing how many different emotions and feelings I had going through me. It's a REAL rollercoaster, let me tell you.

On June 29, 1998 I wrote this entry:

I've never been a fighter and many times I took the easy way out of problems....when something threatened my happiness, I would give in and back away from an eventual fight to keep what was important.
But since last year, exactly on the 12th of August, everything changed.

My love for Curtis changed the way I looked at life, the way I handle problems and most of all what I know as the real meaning of life.
One thing this has all taught me, is that you either trust the one you love, or you don't. God works in mysterious ways and when we think that he is hurting us, he really is only trying to teach us a lesson.

WOW
.....I don't even know how to respond to that. This was during an especially hard time in our relationship.


August 14, 1998 (two days after our wedding)

We have been married for two days now and they have been the BEST of my life, in these last few weeks I have felt so much love and happiness, more than I had ever anticipated.
I am where I have always wanted to be, married and totally in love with my husband.

And here is the journal that has kept all these beautiful and sometimes heart wrenching thoughts. I hope to one day share it with my kids so they may understand how mommy and daddy met, married and lived.



For a list of more participants to the "Treasure Tuesday", head on over to Faith's blog "Faithful Mommy". :)

10 comments:

Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful treasure and keepsake! I am a huge believer in journalling--we learn so much when we review where we have been and how God has worked miracles in our own life.

I think that's why I enjoy blogging so much--it is a way to journal--while letting others see how God is working through my own life. Thanks for sharing your journey--and your treasure!

Diane

Beck said...

Wow! Now I wish that I'd kept a journal during my tumultous early relationship with my husband - what a treasure!

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Me, too, Beck.

I do have letters, though! (Back in the day when stamps cost 10 cents. . .)

Overwhelmed! said...

What a fantastic treasure! Thanks for sharing!

I've been journaling (privately) since I was 16 years old and I have probably over 30 journals and still going. Now I'm doing it publically too with my blog. :)

I've posted a TT as well, about my Grandma G. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I kept a journal when I was younger but have lost touch with writing. Then I met "blog". So that's my journal now. Yours is a great reflection of your relationship. Has he ever read it?

Michelle said...

What a great treasure! I have kept journals too and sometimes I go through them "reliving" how I felt and everything then. I also have a journal when Joe was in Korea for a year too...not an easy time! This will be a wonderful account of your history to pass on to your kids!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Reminds me of "the Notebook".

Just Nancy said...

What a nice thing to have. I have all the letters my husband wrote me and I wrote him while we were apart, but they don't compare to your journal. That's a wonderful gift.

My Treasure is up, too.

Looney Mom™ said...

What a legacy; your children will indeed treasure that, I'm sure.

rena said...

Wow, keep that one and pass it on to your children...great story. I've kept all my journals as well, but they're too depressing to pass on to anyone!!