Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Treasure Tuesday!!!



I've really come to enjoy my Tuesday's, I think mainly because it helps me to STOP and look around, at what I have, and the treasures that fill my house. Let's face it, anything could be a treasure right? Given by that special person, bought at a certain time in your life......

My treasure today is very near and dear to my heart, aren't they all???

You can't really see it well, and I can't seem to take picture good enough to show exactly what it looks like. But here's the story:

I've mentioned before in my blog, that I had two miscarriages between Jasmine and Nicholas. It was two of the hardest and lowest points in my life, I felt guilty because after all this was my body that had somehow rejected the pregnancies (even though now I understand that it was NOTHING I did). I grieved for a long time and you never quite get over it, you just learn to live with it. There's days that you hear something, or see something that takes you right back to those moments, and that is when I am so thankful to have this necklace.

See, I had been wanting a Mother's Necklace, with my kids birthstones, for a long time. Never got around to getting one, and then a few years ago, my wonderful hubby finally said "You know, that's it, we're getting you the necklace I don't care how much it costs, you deserve it".
So he picked this one that says WE LOVE YOU. On it he asked to have 4 birthstones placed, one for Jasmine, one for Nicholas and two for the babies we lost (using the stones for the month in which they were due).

Let me just say there are still days that something gets to me and I find myself longing for my two girls, and I know they're in heaven, but really, when you're feeling that sad you wish you could reach out to them, that is when I reach for my necklace and hold it tight in my hand, it reminds me to be thankful of the two beautiful kids I have with me, and the two beautiful girls that await me in heaven.




For a list of other Treasure Tuesday Participants, head on over to Faith's Blog.

3 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

What a beautiful treasure! You have a fantastic husband to have done this for you.

I have a Mother's necklace as well that Oronzo got for me on my 1st Mother's Day. I absolutely love it!

I've just posted my TT, stop by and take a peak. :)

Beck said...

That is so beautiful. I'm sitting here crying - I love that necklace. What a wonderful story.

Michelle said...

Brought tears to my eyes too! That's a beautiful necklace and so sweet of your hubby to remember to include the birthstones of the 2 babies you have in Heaven, because you are indeed still their mommy!