Thursday, June 08, 2006

Update on my Niece!!!

First I want to thank those that sent out a prayer for her, I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me :)

I got an email this morning, apparently she's been discharged from the hospital even though she's running a fever. The doctors sent her home to continue with her treatment, and then as soon as the fever is gone they are operating on her. I think they've decided to go ahead and remove her tonsils. If you can, please keep her in your prayers, surgery is always a scary thought but especially when they're so little.

Yesterday, I went by the Airman's Attic to donate some things, and just before leaving I came across these 4 books. I quickly snatched them up. They are:

  • The Everyday Guide to God.
  • The Everyday Guide to the Bible.
  • The Everyday Guide to Success.
  • The Everyday Guide to Prayer.

Can't wait to read those, especially the prayer one. Have you ever found yourself wanting and needing to pray and the words just don't come out??? I've done that so many times and I always feel that I end up either repeating myself or babbling like a fool. Not a pretty sight either way!
I figure I can get all the help I can. For some it seems that praying just comes naturally, the minute they open their mouths it just flows out, but there's others (like me), who are not so lucky, it's not that I don't know what I want to say, I just can't seem to find the right words to express my feelings. Hopefully this book will help me!!!

I want to apologize to all those who I usually leave comments on, if I haven't done so the past day or so it's because blogger has been extremely uncooperative. I'm seriously thinking of switching blogging services, it's just becoming too annoying trying to post something or leave a comment or EVEN opening up other blogger sites.

This morning I managed to get on one or two (before blogger took a dive again). I was at Courtney's "Waiting on my Soldier" and I loved her post. You really need to go on over and read it. I was in such desperate need of that this morning and I can totally relate to what she is saying. So go on over and read it, I promise to be patient and wait for you.

You're back??? Alright well....last night while laying in bed with Nicholas, he started talking to me like he always does before falling asleep. He said.....well, this is how it went:

Nicholas: Look at me mommy, I'm died!!! (dramatically sticks his tongue out and closes his eyes while leaning his head to the side)
Me: Oh No, don't die, I love you so much!!!!
Nicholas: (smiling while remaining in that position) is ok mommy, I die and I go to Keaven!!!
Me: You go where!?!?!
Nicholas: Keaven I go to keaven.....up in the sky!
Me: Oh you mean you go to heaven?
Nicholas: Yah I go to heaven (strongly pronounciating the H).

He cracks me up, he's so funny and always brings a smile to my face. :) I remember one day asking him if he knew where grandpa went. He was only 2 years old and he said "ya, up in the sky." (now mind you, I hadn't talked to him about grandpa being in heaven yet).
Then he went on to tell me that grandpa was up in the sky, on the clouds in a magical castle. WOW, it really hit home when he said it and makes you wonder doesn't it???

So I'm going to be busy with housework today. It seems it's never ending. No matter how much laundry I do, there's always some more growing in the laundry basket, how, why??? It's like mold attaching itself to the sides of the hamper. Don't even get me started on socks because I have so many "loners" (forcibly left to their own devices by the missing other half).
Then there's the dishes....I don't know what is up with that, my poor dishwasher gets used and abused at least twice a day.
I have to vacuum and sweep and mop, put away 3 baskets of laundry, bathrooms to clean, some clothes to iron and in between all this, I have two kids to run after, explain that it's OK to look at each other and that "no, your sister is NOT stealing your toys". Ahhhhh just a typical day here in the Air Force Household!!!

If I get all this done I might be able to head to the park this afternoon, I think it would do the kids good to get out and about for a bit. Gotta check the weather first though, it's been raining here and we're expecting thunderstorms again. What joy!!!

Well ladies, time to put the hair up, throw on some shorts and a tshirt and get to work. It's such a beautiful day outside, warm sun shining, not many clouds in the sky, know what I wish I had? A big house with a pool. Now THAT I could used to on days like this.

Have a great day everyone, I will be back bright and early tomorrow morning (blogger permitting). Huge hugs to everyone, especially my family in South Africa.....love you guys and miss you terribly :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

Sorry I seem missing in action I will be posting a little later on tonight. Check out Mystic aka Kat's site. I think it will be easier to read now.

Anchors Aweigh

Looney Mom™ said...

That is so precious (your son).

I have 4 kids at home and the laundry is the WORST. Makes me nuts.

And what IS up with this stinkin' blogger? I sure hope they get it together soon.

someone else said...

That's good to hear of the progress with your niece!

I'm with you on the blog frustration. Today was just awful. I could barely get on to even read anyone's.

owlhaven said...

Hasn't blogger just been beastly??
Mary,mom to many

Michelle said...

I agree with you ladies. The blogger life has been very difficult lately. I am glad to hear the outcome of your neice. I will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Courtney said...

Thank you for the compliment it meant alot Sandra.Your so sweet. Keeping your family in my prayers.