Saturday, June 10, 2006

WELL IT'S DONE!!!


We finally got up the courage to take Sam to the Animal Shelter. Here's the hard part, I know I'm doing the right thing and it's for the best for all of us, but why does it break my heart???

Letting him go yesterday was one of the hardest things I've had to do, it was heartbreaking. Jasmine was ok with it, she had tears in her eyes but she was being a really strong girl, she kept thinking about her toys and games to not dwell on it. Nicholas on the other hand, broke down and started sobbing the minute Curt took Sam. Well, me being the wuss that I am, started crying too. I just hope that he is able to find a good home, someone who can deal with him.

I truly believe that some animals need a certain amount of attention and care that can't be given by just anyone. So please if you could, just say a small prayer that he finds a good home.

With all this going on yesterday, I didn't get a chance to get back on here with my "Remember When???", so I will do that this morning.

Nicholas is at that age where he just says the funniest things. The other day I caught him and Lola messing around, he had put a Dora Mask on her. LOL Me being the "papparazzi" that I am, was ready with the camera.

Here's some of the highlights of this past week:

(sound of fire truck)
Me: What's that Nicholas?
Nicholas: It's a fire truck!!!
Me: *GASP* where is it?
Nicholas: Outside our house.
Me: Why?!?!?!
Nicholas: Because it's not inside! (Well there ya have it mommy, good answer)

Me: Nicholas, come here, let me spike your hair.
(Nicholas takes off running in the opposite direction)
Nicholas: NO, I don't want to!
Me: Why?? Come on you like your hair spiky, let me give you spiky hair.
Nicholas: No I don't want spiky hair, I want Nicholas hair.
(LOL serves me right for trying to give him someone else's hair????)

Me: I love you Nicholas!
Nicholas: Love you too Mommy!
Me: You know you're my angel?
Nicholas: No I'm not, I'm Nicholas, silly mommy!!
(Ummmmm ok!!!)

(Nicholas sitting in the bathtub while I try to wash him)
Me: Give me your foot so I can wash it.
Nicholas: Ok.....(sticks his leg up and I grab it to wash it)
Nicholas: HEY, you going to flip me in the water!
(LOL gotta love him)

See, I have so much ammo cute stories for when he's older.

One thing I've been trying to do is teach my kids Portuguese, because that's my first language. Jasmine loves it, she's always asking me how to say things in portuguese, but Nic on the other hand, laughs uncontrollably when I start speaking to him. He thinks it's hilarious, maybe to him I sound like some weird alien??? I don't know, but I will still keep trying LOL

Today we are going to be working on the backyard, going to throw down some grass seed and hopefully this time it grows. Also gotta get rid of the old swing set, redo the patio area, move the trampoline and put up some chicken wire around the fence so that the neighbors big dogs can't get to Lola and Bella.

Yes I said Bella, we've talked to the lady and we're picking her up this afternoon. Gotta drive an hour to get her, but that's fine.
Of course you know I'll be taking the camera right? What would I be without my trusty camera nearby. I will post her pics later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Lately I've been getting really homesick. I find myself thinking about being back home with my family, the places I used to visit, the foods, the smells and the way everything looked. It's so hard being away from everyone you love, especially my nieces and nephews, but it's what I signed up for right???
Being a military wife has it's ups and downs, you get to be part of an amazing group of women who are the backbone of the soldiers going out to war, you make wonderful friends, you get to visit tons of new places, BUT you are also always on the move and away from your family.
You learn to rely on yourself and find strength and courage to be the mother and father to your kids when daddy is deployed. How do you keep their hearts from breaking when yours is breaking too???

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if you live near your family, your mother and father, your brothers and sisters and so on, treasure every minute of every day, you don't know how hard it is to not be able to just have someone come over to help you when you're sick, or to take the kids when you need a break or are having a bad day. Just love your family, really enjoy them, you are one of the lucky ones.

With that said, I have to get my day started. Look below for my "Remember When???" post and check back again for pics of the new pug Bella. Have a fantastic Saturday :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am back. I haven't posted anything really important just yet. I am still dealing with the loss in my husband's unit. I just feel horrible for his wife and feel that it is my job to do something. What can I do?

Well, if you could get the word out and have other military wives show their support and send their condolences via Remembering SFC Isaac S. Lawson that would be great.

I want her to know that all the military wives appreciate her husband and that she has support.

I will be posting more uplifting news soon. I have just been so stressed lately. Thank you for your prayers.

Charla said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you had to get rid of Sam. I know that must have been hard. I have said a prayer for him though.
Thank you for the message about family too. I live right next door to both my parents and my sister and her family. I get so annoyed by it all the time, but you're right...they are there when I need them and I shouldn't take that for granted. I would miss them if I or they were somewhere else! Thank you for putting that back into perspective for me! :)Thanks for the nice comments on my blog too!!! Love ya!
Charla

Courtney said...

I'm sure he'll find a great home real soon. He's adorable.Keeping Sam in my prayers to find a perfect home! I'm sorry your homesick. I to wish we lived closer. Maybe after all these deployments are over we'll all meet halfway for a Big Blog Bas! LOL! Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)
Love ya,
Court

Angie said...

I have ALL of my family here and around me. I can not even imagine being away from them ever!
We live in a military town. I always knew that I couldn't marry a guy in the service. (I am sure there are some great ones out there but...) Although, it would be cool to see different parts of the world, I am a hometown, Carolina girl and would not survive a week away from my family.

I love the Nicholas highlights, they made me chuckle! *grin*

someone else said...

I know what you mean about not living near family. Nearly all of our married life we lived in other states from where my family lived. "Other states" is not as far as another continent, but it might as well have been because it was too far away. So I raised my children without parents or family around. I know how it feels to try to find babysitters, etc., and it's hard. I'm really glad you have a network of other moms near you who are in the same type of situation you are.

I love your Nicholas stories. He says such cute things.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to your pet.

I had to do the same thing years ago so I can relate. You can read my story here if you like, http://www.thedabblingmum.com/parenting/general/goodbyepet.htm, maybe knowing you aren't alone will offer some healing.

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh Sandra, your son is such a cutie. I LOVE Portuguese - such a beautiful language. I would love to learn it. I've learned some French and I do speak some Spanish... well at least I should, but not that great.

Thanks for reminding me to not take my family for granted. God bless you.

Sandra said...

Faith - I'm so heartbroken with these young kids getting killed, it's extremely sad and I can't even begin to imagine the pain his wife is going through. I can't access the link you sent me though, is there another link I can use to leave condolences and to pass on to other military wives???

Toni Anderson said...

Some dogs just don't work well with a family. You don't always know till you given them a go. I'm hopefull he finds a great family to give him some more love.