Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday!!!


Wednesday morning and time for another WFMW. Remember to go check out Shannon's blog for a list of other participants and as always, if you decide to play along, add your name to the list :)

My tip for today came from the fact that I wanted to display some of Jasmine's baby photos but didn't want to use picture frames. I think I wanted to go in a different direction.

Right after she was born, I took some of my favorite photos, transferred them to the computer and then printed them out on T-Shirt Transfer paper. What I did then was make a simple quilt where I transferred the pictures to. I put a pretty lace border around and then my husband made a shelf and we "wood burned" her name on it.
Now mind you the quilt isn't perfect, I was working with my old sewing machine that would pull on the fabric, I had to pull apart and redo it a number of times, but I'm pretty happy with the result. :)

I'm now working on one for Nicholas too.
I think they will make beautiful treasures to keep and one day they can take it with them. Works for me!!!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

That is such a good idea!!

Beck said...

THat is such a beautiful idea! I want to eventually get some framed baby pictures of the kids up in my bedroom - I love the way you made your pictures into something so lovely!
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll - I'm so pleased! When I figure out how to make one on mine, you'll definitely be on it. :)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

You are so creative! And industrious! Your quilt is so thoughtfully done, and is something that will be special to them for many years. What a treasure. Thanks for sharing.

PS-I love the look of your blog!

Sandra said...

Michelle - thank you :)

Trish - Thanks for stopping by, I'm going to go check out your Worldless Wednesday :)

beck - Thank you :) I'm glad you're pleased that I added you to the blogroll, I enjoy reading your blog so it was my pleasure :) If you want one just go to blogrolling.com and sign up for free, then everytime you add a link to there it automatically shows up on your blog :)

katherine - Thank you, I really wanted something that would be a treasure for a long time, but could also showcase some of the baby photos :) I'm so glad you like the look of my blog, thank you :)

Glass Half Full said...

Ok - that is just the most beautiful thing!! AND it'll be so nice to have for years to come.

Crystal said...

That is beautiful! I wish I was crafty.