Saturday, July 15, 2006

Grocery Shopping with NO kids.........

it's just, well, it's bliss isn't it??? I love my kids to death and there's nothing I love more than spending time with them, but when it comes to things like running errands and getting groceries, I'm much happier with them at home with daddy.

So today I had to get groceries and the kiddos stayed with daddy, I was able to actually walk through the Commissary and not run yelling at the top of my lungs, like a psycho, desperately trying to catch them. I remember the one time I had just Nicholas with me, I was at the Produce section and turned for a second to grab some bananas (big mistake), I turn around and see him grab an apple and bring it to his mouth. It was like slow motion, I dropped the bananas and in a matrix like move, literally jumped through the air and made it just in time before he took a bite.
He looked at me and said "HEYYYY, I'm hungry". (Yeah I wasn't born yesterday, he was NOT hungry).

I got my groceries for 2 weeks and it only came up to $188, pretty darn good if you ask me. I must say I was a bit surprised because I got some roasts and ribs etc, not cheap stuff. But who am I to complain right???

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Designated Willy Shaker thing LOL
Seriously, it's one of my job descriptions in this house..... now all you single women with no kids, aren't you looking forward to this????
All kidding aside though, I think that even though I may joke about these things, I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world, it's the most rewarding thing in my life. :)

I managed to get all my housework done yesterday so I have NOTHING to do today, YAY. Not that I would want to anyway, it's extremely hot outside, it's over 100 degrees and even though I have my AC going in the house, you can still feel the heat.

BTW hubby and I finally got the backyard semi-finished, I guess that will be my project to show for on tuesday's "Tackle it Tuesday". I keep looking around the house for something to tackle but I can't find anything, either my house is finally organized, or I'm living in denial and blind to the mess?!?!?! Not sure which, but I'm hoping it's the first one LOL

Remember the new Pug we got?? The one we adopted??? Well she's definately part of the family and she gets along great with Lola. The kids took a picture of me and her yesterday so I'm sharing it with you all. Just please, remember that I HATE taking my picture for ANYTHING, even just messing around. I just don't have a close relationship with my camera.



I think the main reason is because I'm a bit of a dork at times. Yes I say that with all the love I have for myself LOL
Here's an example, the other night I was trying to take a photo of me and Nicholas together, and I was holding the camera up facing us.....I would press the button and it would turn off. I would turn it back on, face it towards us and press it again and it would go off again. It must have done this about 5 times and I was getting really frustrated. (See the camera really hates me, it won't even take my picture). To my surprise though, after these 5 times of turning off, I finally realized that it was ME messing up, because I kept pushing the power button instead of the one to take the photo LOL Good grief Sandra!!!

So anyway, I'm going to head on out and hang out with the kids and hubby, do some sewing or watch a movie. I hope you're all having a great weekend.

God Bless,

6 comments:

Jen said...

HEY SANDRA!!!
WE USED TO BE IN THE AIR FORCE STATIONED AT TYNDALL AFB FLORIDA..MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN THERE. I REMEMBER THE DAYS OF THE COMMISARY......I STILL DO MY MEAL PLANNING AND MENUS ON THE PAY PERIOD OF THE MILITARY...$$$$ ON THE 1ST AND THE 15TH....I SHOP FOR 2 WEEKS....AND DONT GO BACK UNLESS ITS AN EMERGANCY. YOU DID GOOD I SPEND $250 EVERY 2 WEEKS. SO WAY TO GO ON YOUR BUDGET.....MY BUDGET IS A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE..WISH I COULD GET IT DOWN. YEAH FOR YOU!
JEN

rena said...

Hahah - the camera thing. They were invented to humiliate us, weren't they? Not just in the photos they take, but in how they're used. Was at a claim where I had to video tape the witness while he enacted the event he saw...I'm holding my hubby's video camera, pressing the button, and not gettin anything...black screen and made some comment about the stupid camera and the witness says "try taking the cap off"...
Yup...stupid camera.
Have a great weekend

someone else said...

That's a really nice picture - you look really pretty and the doggy is cute!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about shopping alone at the commissary and I only have ONE child! but it is so nice :) Cute picture - of both you and the pug!

mom of 2 said...

I loved the willy shaker thing! Boys are so funny!! My son has actually started wiping...finally!! It's so funny that wiping is a milestone, but it is! I never thought I'd see the day that I didn't have to wipe anyon else's butt...woo hoo!! LOL

Christina said...

Woo Hoo! grocery shopping by yourself. How cool is that? I hope I get to try it someday. By the way you taka a nice picture and the puppy is cute too. I was laughing at the dork thing because today I was in the NEX at Pearl Harbor trying to put an indoor grill on lay a way, and I kept shoving my debit card into the spot your supposed to and it wouldn't work. It took me quite a few tries to figure out I was putting the card in upside down. The lady was just staring at me like "dork!" Maybe it would of been nice if she had pointed out what I was doing wrong. Then 5 minutes later I go to purchas a magazine on the way out of the same store and guess what? I did the same thing again. Go figure?