Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nervous Wreck!!!!!

If you see me walk on by today, looking totally frazzled, just get out of the way or refrain from saying anything mean LOL

Seriously, I'm anxiously awaiting the Portugal vs France game at 1pm, and I'm already biting my nails. Talking about nail biting, reminds me of the Germany vs Italy game yesterday......good grief, can you say DIRTY PLAYING?!?!?!? I don't think I've seen a game with so much pushing, shoving, tripping and dirty looks, since my kids were trying to play tag the other day (yes they get very INTO the tag lol)
I told Curt that I will email him before he leaves work to let him know if Portugal won or lost, not just because he's upset that he won't be home to watch the game, BUT it will let him know what sort of mood I'll be in LOL
In his own words "yeah, I might have to volunteer for some overtime at work". LOL

We had a wonderful time yesterday, we spent the day grilling, eating and watching Soccer. I even took pictures of the food just to make you hungry, maybe get you salivating for some, I'm just mean that way. Actually I'm not mean at all, but I couldn't help taking pictures of it, nothing looks prettier than grilled food :)





Right before we went to bed, I let the pugs out to go potty, and I look up and see this. How beautiful is that?




After this long weekend, it seems kinda weird getting back to the normal routine, I was enjoying having hubby home and just relaxing. BUT now it means I have a house to clean and reorganize again. Isn't it always that way??? You just let your cleaning guard down for a day or two and everything goes topsy turvy. I have tons of laundry to do, gotta get the bathrooms cleaned, sweep and mop, vacuum etc.....all before noon.

You might want to know why noon??? Well, because at noon my portuguese soap comes on. HUH?!?!?! What are you talking about??? I not only like watching General Hospital, but I also watch my Portuguese Soap called "Sonhos Traidos", on RTPI (Portuguese TV). Since the area that I'm in does not have this channel on my cable lineup, I go online to JUMPTV and watch it on my computer. Seriously, if any of you are in a different country and want to watch tv from back home, check out Jumptv, chances are your home channels are on there.

I got a book in the mail yesterday, called "15 minutes alone with God" by Emilie Barnes. This is just what I was looking for. I don't have much time during the day, I'm usually so busy with the kids and the house and errands, and I hate feeling like I'm putting God on hold. I do however, have about 30 minutes each morning, and with this book I'll be able to do my devotionals before the kids are up and ready to start the day.

Here's what I've noticed. If I get up in the morning and don't get a chance to spend some time with God and pray for the day ahead of me, I am faced with problems, obstacles and just things going wrong. It's like a snowball effect, everything just piles on and on and by the time I go to bed, I feel like I've just been climbing Mt. Everest all day and not seeing the end in sight.

When I do get up in the morning, and pray and ask for guidance throughout the day, everything runs more smoothly. I'm not making this up people, really, try it for yourself, even if for just a week, and you'll be amazed at the difference. I'm not saying that things won't happen, or something won't go wrong or not how you planned, but they will either be really small things, or you will have the wisdom and ability to deal with it.

Well the house is calling and I really should start my cleaning. Have a great wednesday and if you happen to get the chance, watch the Portugal vs France game. Root for Portugal though, or I will be one sad puppy!!!!

God Bless,

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got *so* used to my husband being at home this past weekend that today ... I feel all discombobulated! I'm like, "What do I do?" hehe :) Glad you had a wonderful July 4th weekend. That grilled food looks SO yummy! We had delicious food yesterday, too. I love grilling! Gotta go ~ off to feed our little boy! :)

MaR said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th with great food and a wonderful rainbow!!! maybe a prediction for today's game??? now that Germany isn't playing the finals I must say I am a lot more relaxed (see? there is a positive aspect to everything, lol). Watching the game tonight in less than an hour. Hear me cheering GO Portugal GO!!!!

Catch said...

Hi..Dr John sent me. Your food looks yummy!!!! I could really got for one of those pork chops!!!!

someone else said...

That's some really serious truth there about starting the day with God.

That rainbow is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

That grilled food does look delicious!

And the rainbow is gorgeous!

Go Portugal!

Lori's Minute said...

Stopping in for the first time because of Dr, John;s marathon. Thanks for the tip about the basket for the remotes. We do not have a table either because I am legally blind and am always running into it causing bruises on my legs. (Not to mention all the things you mentioned with my two kids and a big hairy dog who takes up as much room as a coffee table. I do use the dog as a foot stool occassionally, though!)

rena said...

Ok, I was rooting for Portugal...and now I'm a sad puppy too.
On a lighter note...we had a rainbow over our house last night...I didn't get a picture though.
For what it's worth, have a good evening...I guess now I'll be cheering for Italy. The French blood in me isn't that thick!

Karyzma said...

Sandra,
I was out getting a mani and pedi today and the salon had the tv on the portugal france game and it reminded me of you. :o) I'd never seen Portugal play but I was cheering them on! I know what you mean about the Italy Germany game.... it was so upseting. I really wanted Germany to win. You know...the Italians are the Kings of Diving. Oh my goodness, it's so annoying. And, when they fall or trip they are so dramatic. It's almost as if they were dying or something. It's like, Get up! LOL!! The food looks great! And, those rainbows are gorgeous too. I hadn't seen one of those in ages. The last time I saw a rainbow, it was a double. So pretty. Anywho, I hope you're having a great night!!

Courtney said...

Ok another thing in common! I love General Hospital!! I grew up watching it. Sonny...Eww La La!! LOL! The food looked yuuuummy! The rainbow was beautiful. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Love ya,
Court:)

Nicole said...

I had No idea you were from Portugal. I mean NO idea. Wow. That is WAY cool. I guess they lost. I am so sorry. I am not into soccer AT ALL. But I love sports, so I know how that feels. You probably don't want to even think about it. So I'll quit with the soccer talk. Glad ya'll had a great 4th. Looks like ya'll had some awesome food. I just got done running and that meat looks AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I never knew that rainbow can come out in the evening. I almost didn't believe your photo.
Great pics, Sandra. And you do make me starved...*drolling*

-aurora-

Sandra said...

lisanne - LOL I felt the same way, I had no idea what to do with myself.....of course housework called LOL

Emily - Thank you for such kind words, you're always so sweet to me. I'm not always so upbeat, I get down and depressed but I try not to let it last long :) Hope you had a beautiful day :)

Mar - Now I know what you mean. I can't believe they lost LOL......Oh well, it's a huge relief though lol

catch - Hey :) Thanks for stopping by, oh and next time you come for a visit, I'll make you some pork chops :)

morning glory - You know when I saw the rainbow, you were the first person I thought of? I remembered all the gorgeous rainbow pics you've shared with us :)

michelle - It was SO good, wish I could share food over this blogger LOL

Lori's minute - Glad you stopped by this morning :) Please come back and visit, I've added you to my blogroll and will come visit you today :)

mugwumpmom - Oh man, I'm so sad about it, I actually cried LOL How pathetic is that??? But yes, I'm rooting for Italy, I don't like the french team at all LOL

mystik - LOL I know, the whole diving thing is just so annoying. Here's what gets me more, when they dive, fall on the ground and have this look of excruciating pain, and then the next minute they get up and walk off like nothing happened LOL Oh COME ON!!!!

courtney - Oh NO WAY, you love General Hospital too? I LOVE Jason and Lucky, they're just so yummy LOL

nicole - Yeah they lost and I cried like a baby (well not like a baby, but I did cry) LOL That food was so yummy, I love my grill :)

Aurora - Yeah I had no idea either until I saw that one, it was truly amazing, and how beautiful huh?

the mother load - I'm so glad to see you back, I know you're having a hard time right now, but we're all here to support you and we've been there and some are still doing it :)Hope you have a great day :)