Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday!!!


So here we are, another wednesday and time for another WFMW.

My tip today has to do with the weather, well sort of, see it's cloudy and rainy here which means the kids can't go to the park or play in the backyard like they want to.

They get bored easily and start complaining that there's nothing to do, so a while ago we came up with our Rainy Day Chart. When the weather doesn't allow them to be outside, we bring out the chart.


On it we have a bunch of activities that we can do inside. I actually sat down with the kids and we all came up with the ones they liked the best. Then they get to look at the list and pick a few to do, like today we're baking cookies and while those bake, we're going to be making Pom Poms. I remember making these a lot when I was growing up, and it was just so much fun to do.

I don't know about you all, but usually Rain + Kids = Frazzled Mommy. This Chart works for me.

For a list of other WFMW bloggers, head on over to Shannon.

8 comments:

someone else said...

You are so full of great kid ideas! You sound like every kid's dream of a Mommy.

Mama Duck said...

Great idea!

Michelle said...

Neat idea to have a 'what to do when we can't go outside' chart! :) Hope the pom poms come out great!

PastormacsAnn said...

Good idea - I usually just give the standard - "Try reading a book!" answer.

rena said...

A fellow decorating show junky!! I enjoy watching those shows as well.
Being a SAHM is the foundational profession to all society and anyone who says otherwise ought to be slapped upside the head...well, ok, not literally, but you get my drift.

Looney Mom™ said...

Very cool list. I need to make one soon. These guys are making me nuts... the thing is, it's sunny weather here!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Good idea! And the kids can burn some time and energy just thinking of stuff to put on the list :)

Julie said...

I need a "It's Hot" chart and WAY more activities :-) The weather has been unbearable for the last 2 weeks - hitting 115 much of last week.