Thursday, August 24, 2006

I've been Meme'd...uhhh I mean tagged....

So the wonderful lady Barb, over at A New Chelsea Morning, tagged me for the meme. It's about kids, our kids, and obviously being the proud mother hen that I am, I take any chance I can to brag talk about my kiddos.

As you all know, I have two kids. I have the Princess Jasmine who is 7 going on 18 years old....and then there's Little Man Nicholas who is 3 years old.
They are the apples of my eye, the air that I breathe, the sunshine in my cloudy days, and so forth, you pretty much get the picture of how much I adore these little beings.

The meme calls for us to list 3 things about each of our kids. At first I was a bit intimidated, what kind of things? What they look like? What they eat? How they act? Typical, I want things to be perfect so I worry about everything.

So without giving much more thought (to save my sanity), here we go, I'm starting with Jasmine or Jazzy as we all call her.



Jasmine, age 7:

1. Jasmine is an extremely sensitive and loving child. She easily gets her feelings hurt and at times we've even thought of her as a full on "Drama Queen". She is the most lovable child, she treats everyone with respect and will usually be the first to welcome the new kid to classroom.

2. She's very intelligent and bright and by the time she finished first grade, she was reading at a third grade level. She loves math, she loves writing, but most of all, she is artistic. Give her some paper and pen and she will draw for hours. She has an inquisitive mind which keeps me on my toes, there's just questions that mommy finds hard to answer, but for Jasmine, everything has a why and how, and by God she's going to find out what it is.

3. She's a wonderful big sister and loves her brother to death. It's not the first time that she asks if she can give her brother a bath (while I'm there obviously), and then proceeds to wash him with his special ducky washcloth, making noises, tickling him and just loving him to pieces. The love I see shared between them is such a beautiful thing.

Nicholas, age 3:

1. He is our miracle baby. After trying to conceive for 2 years and going through 2 miscarriages and a very high risk and tough pregnancy with him, he came along.
I was in preterm labor many times with his pregnancy and at one point his heart rate dropped dramatically which cause panic in the doctors.....when he was born, they realized that he had the cord totally wrapped around his body, I guess this was his way of holding on tight and saying "I'M NOT LEAVING YOU". What a blessing!!!

2. He's full of life and joy, and the anticipation in his eyes at trying something new, or discovering that ladybug crawling on the tree, is just beyond words. He's extremely smart and from an early age, has been talking in full sentences and pronouncing words perfectly. He soaks in all the information around him and has an extremely bright mind, especially when it comes to computers. He often asks to play online at nickjr.com or cartoonnetwork.com.......and before we even get there, he has the computer turned on, the browser open, and the headphones ready to go. Watching him interact with a computer is a shock and a joy all it's own.

3. He's the total opposite of Jasmine when it comes to food and drink. He LIVES for milk, and that is usually what you will see him drinking, he could care less for juices or even sodas...YAY!!!
His sister loves candy and he really doesn't care much for it, offer him a piece of candy and he will say "No thank you, can I have some cheese"......how wonderful is that???

And there you have it, my two wonderful children. I'm going to have to tag Courtney because she has three amazing kiddos, Melany who also has 3 amazing boys, Kelli who is like my hero when it comes to homemaking and has such wonderful kids too and finally last but not least, Becky who is an adoptive mom, and you just HAVE to go over and see Chloe :)

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Sandra, thank you for tagging me! I really enjoyed hearing about your beatiful children! They are such wonderful blessings and I think they have a pretty great mom too!! :0)

Kelli

someone else said...

What a beautiful pair of blessing they are!

mom of 2 said...

Sounds like you have 2 wonderful (and adorable) children!!

Courtney said...

How sweet. Thank you for this tag! I can't wait to do this one. This one has to be my favorite!
Which actually reminds me I was tagged the other day. I need to get on the ball huh? LOL
Love ya girl,
Court ♥

Michelle said...

I loved the pics you posted! It was fun reading your answers!

Pamela said...

Jazzy and Nicholas are so cute, glad that everything went well for Jazzy at school.

It's wonderful when kids share a close bond like that it will last a lifetime.