Mmmmm, nothing like a cup of steaming hot coffee, first thing in the morning.
I seriously doubt that I can make any coherent thoughts before taking a sip.
It's cold, and it's rainy and it's also the perfect Fall day to sit and sew. Yes, that's what I'm planning on doing today, finally sitting down and getting as much sewing done as possible, I may have to run out to the stores if I need something, but I'm hoping I don't.
You know I've realized that I would have been pretty content as a bear, I mean, I could eat until I was about to burst at the seams, and then spend 3 months sleeping....what is wrong with that picture??? NOTHING in my opinion :)
So what am I working on??? I have so many projects in mind, and I think it's going to take me a while to get everything sorted out and ready to go. I always do this, I put aside tons of things I want to make and then get so overwhelmed and end up not finishing even one....BUT seeing that this year I want to make all the Christmas tree decorations 1) because it's cheaper 2) because over the years the kids have managed to break most of them and 3) because handmade is always more personal......I really need to get a plan formulated and then stick with it.
I want to get started soon and I still have laundry to finish and iron and put away, you know all that fun stuff that never ends when it comes to conquering Mt. Laundry....so I'm leaving you with my Five Senses Saturday. I said I would put up a Mr Linky if anyone was interested, but I am not going to do it, I figure if anyone wants to try it, just leave me a comment and I'll come check it out :)
Have a beautiful Fall Weekend,
- Jayson Belt's "Just you and Me" song
- The school kids singing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "The Air Force Song"
- My kids fighting (what's new?)
- Reveille playing loudly on the Base Speakers
- Drip of water from the leaky faucet in the bathroom
- Fall leaves all over my front yard
- The Posting of Colors by the Soldiers
- My spotless kitchen after hubby cleaned it (lol)
- The pile of books ready to go back to the library
- The sun peaking through the clouds
- The warm sweater on me
- The pile of fabric waiting to be sewn
- The family portraits waiting to be mailed off
- The pumpkins strewn all over my front yard
- The feel of a hug from my kids
- Caramel Truffle Coffee
- Red Beans and Rice from Popeye's Chicken
- Monterey Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Barb's Breakfast Burritos
- Autumn Spice Tea
- Clothes fresh out of the dryer
- Garlic, onions and olive oil frying on the stove
- My gardenia candle burning
- Milk and cinnamon cooking on the stove for my Rice Pudding
- Pinecones in my backyard