Good morning fellow bloggers, family, friends and members of congress *snort*
It's actually a pretty morning here, there's sunshine outside, something I haven't seen in, oh, two weeks or so. It's crazy, it's been cold and rainy and just plain blah around here.
We went to the Bowling Alley last night, Jasmine had a birthday party and we figured that me and hubby and Nic would grab some dinner and maybe play a game or two of bowling while we waited for the party to end. Ummmm.....didn't quite go the way we planned. I think the kids and I are getting a little cold, and we all know how a 3 year old deals with feeling yucky. WHINING GALORE!!!
I tried to get us a lane, only to be told that there were none available because they had some Bowling League coming in to play. OHKAY....well now I have to explain this to the little one who's been excited to bowl all day long. I'm sure I don't have to tell you the reaction I got, I'm sure over in Japan they heard the screams and cries "I want to bowl please".....*sigh*
Hubby brought me and Nic home and then went back to the party to wait for Jasmine.
I actually didn't mind, really, I wasn't in the mood to be out and after not being able to bowl I was bummed out too, I wanted to stomp my feet and cry like Nicholas, but somehow I think that would not be acceptable...something about being an adult and looking bad if I pout or throw a tantrum. Whatever!!! LOL
So I got to come home and give him a bath and he went straight to sleep, poor baby. Then it was time for me to watch some tv....found NOTHING interesting on, I guess yesterday was "disappoint Sandra day", I just didn't know it.
I did manage to go to sleep early and this morning hubby was still up (because he works midshift), so he took the kids and let me sleep in until 8am. THAT is sleeping in for me, that's like 2 extra hours of what I usually get.
Here I am, bright eyed and happy, though I did take a look at my laundry begging to be washed and my first reaction was to run away. I can't though, I'll be strong and push through it, I'm sure I'll succeed.
Anyway, it's time for Five Senses Saturday....enjoy :)
- Chris Cox "Whatever it Takes"
- Pugs barking
- Cartoons on the tv
- Dishwasher running
- Thunder and rain outside my windows
- Bowling Alley Lights
- Luke and Laura Wedding on TV
- The smiles on my family's faces when I made Monterey Chicken
- Puddles left by the constant rain
- Snow in the mountains
- My kids forehead feeling warm
- Knife handle slicing through the onions and garlic
- Warm scarves being wrapped around the kids
- The soft blanket draped on my legs
- Hubby's kiss on my cheek
- Cheeseburger and Curly Fries
- Apple Spice Tea
- Portuguese Rice Pudding
- Toast with butter and Strawberry Jelly
- Diet Squirt...my new favorite LOL
- Sugar Cookie Scented Candle
- Smothered Steak cooking in the crockpot
- The smell of rain
- Laundry fresh out of the dryer
- Gingerbread cookies in the oven