Friday, December 15, 2006
Thank God it's Friday!!!
Ugh it's been one of those weeks, raining constantly, everything is wet and mushy and I don't know what I step on when I walk outside....it's just gross I tell ya.
I finally got the hang of driving my Durango and no longer slam on brakes or squeal my wheels, I'm sure the whole population of this Air Base is thankful for it. *snort*
I laugh about it now, but I was getting so frustrated trying to get used to these brakes, I honestly felt like the village idiot behind the wheel. Thank goodness it's over and done with!
I'm loving my new baby, but there is just one thing that is ruining it for me right now....the constant bickering and fighting between the kids and where they get to sit. Yeah, because you see up until now there was no choice, they sat down in the back and that was it, but now there's the middle seat and the back seat, so now it's all a choice of who sits where.....
"I don't want to sit next to him"....
"I don't want Jasmine near me".....
"I want to sit on the right side"....
"no, I WANT to sit behind mommy".
See what I deal with every morning??? What is it with siblings and the constant need to act like they hate each other, is that somewhere in the "Sibling 101 Memo"...I don't remember reading it but I did it myself with my brothers and now I guess it's my way of seeing just how annoying I was. So I humbly apologize to my family, sorry I was such a pain in the behind. LOL
I'm going to do a meme today, one that my wonderful friend Jen had up and she kind of bullied us into doing it....LOL I'm just kidding, she is so not a bully....she did say she wanted us all to do it, and hey I can't say no to a friend, so look for the meme at the end of this post.
It's friday, and if you're a big General Hospital fan, you KNOW that today is an important day for all of us Jason and Sam fans, I know it's just a soap, but do a girl a favor and just humor me will ya? LOL
I've been waiting for these two to reunite forever, this whole past summer of sleaze was just disgusting but hey, it's soap at it's best right, the more weird and out there things are, the better the ratings.
I don't know if there will be posts this weekend, I will be out most of the time doing christmas shopping, I can't believe I have yet to buy one single present, time just seems to have flown by. We're going to head to Boise which is about 45 miles from base, there really is nothing nearby to do some serious shopping at, the closest thing is Walmart and that is 15 miles away....so we get to go to the big city (well as big as Boise can be lol) and shop and have a nice meal and just have some fun. I can't wait!!!
I'm hoping all my christmas cards got out in time, for some reason our mailman was acting weird....he came by 2 days in a row, dropped off the new mail and left the cards sitting there, finally by day 3 I just picked them up myself and drove to the post office to drop them off. What is up with that huh??? Do you NOT see the pretty envelopes waiting to be taken???
I'm off for the day, have tons of stuff to do. Before I leave though I want to remind you of the Christmas Tour of Homes - Starts today, everyone has been eagerly anticipating it, so run on over to Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes and check out all the participants.
Don't forget today's recipe is already posted at Full Bellies....Easy Candy-Bar Treats. Enjoy!!!
12 Days of Baking - Day 1 - Brownie Bombs
12 Days of Baking - Day 2 - White Chocolate Snowdrift Cake
12 Days of Baking - Day 3 - Toffee Butter Crunch
12 Days of Baking - Day 4 - Caramel-Pecan Pumpkin Pie
12 Days of Baking - Day 5 - Easy Candy-Bar Treats
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Just sets them under the tree, sometimes wraps them
3. Colored lights on tree or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Definitely the Ham but being portuguese all the portuguese goodies we set on the table
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Oh boy I have so many, I would have to say just being with the WHOLE family, eating and unwrapping presents...miss that
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never really believed in Santa actually, so it wasn't ever an issue for me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we've always opened our presents on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights. Theme is Gold and White, all the ornaments and ribbons etc are in those two colors.
11. Snow! Do you like it or Dread it? I love snow...love it....just hate driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, haven't in years and miss it :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh I don't know, there were so many, I can't pick just one.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Portuguese Rice Pudding
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The big christmas dinner on the 24th and then sitting around the tree talking and counting down the minutes until midnight so we can open the presents
16. What tops your tree? An angel
17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? I love both, but my favorite is giving, there's something about watching the other person open the presents, I just love it.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Santa Claus is coming to town
19. Candy Canes yuck or yum? They're yum, but I can only handle one a day if that.
20. Fruitcake? Don't care for it.