Monday, August 13, 2007

A new week, A new beginning!!!!

Image credit: Laterlife.com

If you've been reading my blog you know how things have been for me, my heart is still breaking over my dear Uncle, but life has to go on right???

Well come on in and sit with me, I will tell you all about the great gifts I got for my birthday. Before I do so though I have to say, it's SO quiet in this house. Jasmine started school today, it was sad seeing her go off to third grade. You know we all want our children to grow up but as the years go by and they get older, I can't help but want to hold on to the "little them".

It's a new school, new teacher, new classmates and needless to say, she was overwhelmed and terrified. I stayed with her a few minutes, she was close to tears which of course means, I WAS CLOSE to tears. It's so hard to walk away from them isn't it???

Anyway I'm sure she will have a wonderful day and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Now onto my birthday, it was bitter sweet, I have my wonderful husband who went out of his way to make it the perfect day, but I also had my dear Uncle passing away that day. I laughed, cried, laughed again, cried again, blew out candles and cried some more....it was an emotional rollercoaster I tell you.

I did get a LOT of great gifts....my favorite has to be my new crockpot. That's right, hubby got me a NEW crockpot. I Love it, it's a Hamilton Beach 6 Qt. programmable with a Thermometer Probe too. I can NOT wait to use it!


I also got a ceramic hair straightening Iron, Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Body Spray from Bath and Body Works......Sea Island Cotton and Dancing Waters.

I got 2 cd's, Hinder and Casting Crowns - Lifesong which I LOVE LOVE LOVE, I don't think there is one song on the Casting Crowns CD that I don't like.

I also got a couple DVD's....United 93, Disturbia, Ghost Hunters Season 2.

I also got perfume, a cookbook, flowers and balloons, chocolate and a Vidalia Chop Wizard.
So there you have it.....I got spoiled and I'm just so blessed to have the family I do.

I don't have much planned for today, other than the usual household chores and by the way, Jen, I am so sorry I forgot to post my Routine, this is pretty much the one I follow when the kids are back to school. I may have to tweak it a bit here and there because it's the one I had in Idaho and now things are slightly different here in Arizona....but not much will change at all.


Oh before I forget, I also posted my menu plan for this week, over at my food blog. Some of the recipes are being brought over from last week because I ended up not making them, we went out WAY too much and I'm literally sick of food that is not homemade.

Last night for dinner I made a quick Onion and Potato Soup, the same one my greatgrandmother used to make for us. The family loves it, Curt actually had 4 helpings LOL
I have tons of leftover soup, so that's what Nicholas and I will be having for lunch.

Well ladies, I have things to do around here so I'm going to let you go, hope you have a wonderful monday. I will be coming by to say hi either this afternoon or tonight after the kids are in bed.

God Bless,

12 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks or the schedule......you are alot more busier than I am. I hope little Jasmine does good today.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm so sorry about your Uncle Sandra, but I see you had a really good birthday otherwise. I know you'll put that new crockpot to good use!

Hope Jasmine had a good first day, I know how hard it must have been to leave her. Let us know how her first day went :)

Have a great day and a wonderful week!!!

Michelle said...

wow you sure did get spoiled on your birthday! and the crock pot and cookbook are perfect gifts for you! :) Let us know how you like the Vidalia chop wizard - I've been thinking about getting it, but wondered if it was just a gimmick thing and didn't work that well...so let me know :)

BTW, I've given you an award!

someone else said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday. That crock pot is beeeuuutiful!! I can just imagine all that you'll be cooking in it.

Let us know how Jasmine's first day of school went. I hope it was perfect and that she found a true friend.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Wow! You received wonderful presents!! Your family really did spoil you, but we Mommas deserved to be spoiled a bit, don't we! That crockpot will be awesome for you!

Hope Jasmine did wonderfully at school today! First days can be so emotional. I'm sure she'll do great!

-Andrea

Lulu said...

I'm sorry about your uncle....
Glad you had a nice Birthday and got lots of goodies, you deserved them...
hugs,

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have, to make this day so special for you!! The gifts are all great. I LOVE "LifeSong" which I always sing on the top of my lungs when it's on the radio!! =) I can imagine what a rollercoaster of a day it was, though, losing your precious Uncle. I hope Jasmine's first day was wonderful!! My kids start Wednesday, and I know I'll be close to tears, too!!

Michelle said...

you're very lucky for the family you have ;-) enjoy the crockpot! and the cookbook.hugs to jasmine,We're so sorry that your Uncle passed...

P. said...

Tenho tanta pena do que aconteceu. Custa tanto uma coisa dessas.
Coragem.
Beijinhos.

FlipFlop Mom said...

Beautiful.. beautiful blog.. I wish I had a few more minutes to dig into more posts... but I promise to be back... and I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle.. :(

gail@more than a song said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.
But glad you had a good birthday......sounds like it was fun with some nice gifts!

Renee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle but glad to hear you had a good birthday. Enjoy your crockpot!