Friday, September 14, 2007

What a day!!!


I've been running around getting groceries, doing errands and everything else that comes with a payday. It's one of the days I do enjoy getting out of the house and being on the go, but when I finally sit down I'm exhausted.

I look around and realize I have yet to do the breakfast dishes, laundry, sweep and mop and make the beds. Everything is falling behind and I need to get a move on it. Unfortunately I have a bit of a cold and my allergies are kicking my behind today, I used the Nasonex but it gives me horrible headaches, so it's pretty much a no win situation. Thing about me is, I don't give up and I don't back down, so I'll plow through the house work until I'm satisfied with it, headache or not.

Thank you to all the ladies who participated in the Slow Cooking Thursday, I've got a wonderful collection of recipes already and can't wait to try them all. I've tried a few and have yet to be disappointed in any, so good job ladies, keep them coming.

You know how it is the day before you get groceries, it always seems like you've run out of everything??? That's how I felt last night but I was still able to whip together a great meal, actually now that I think about it, I enjoy cooking when I'm having to use bare essentials or whatever is left in the freezer.


One of those quick and delicious meals that I make when in a bind, is also one that the family most enjoy.....I think it's the smoked sausage that they like the most. *wink wink*
I try to always keep some smoked sausage (kielbasa or polska) around. Just slice it up, in a skillet add some olive oil, a little bit of chopped onion (optional), cubed potatoes (or leftover hashbrowns) and you can even throw in some peas or other veggies if you want. Salt and pepper and that's it, you're done, it's really good and fast and surprisingly filling.

To go with it, I made a Dump Cake, again something fast and easy to make. I guess I wasn't in the mood for sitting in the kitchen fixing an elaborate dinner LOL


Oh and I almost forgot, I also had some Homemade Chicken Soup ready too. We ate, we filled our tummies and we felt wonderful.

********************************************

The kids are doing much better, there seems to be some sort of weird cold going around, it usually lasts only a day or two and then it's like it never happened. Unless you're me, of course, then it hangs around as long as it possibly can just because. I'm just glad it's the weekend though, I could use some sleeping in.

On monday morning I'm getting my cysts removed from my left wrist and actually looking forward to it, is that not the silliest thing you've ever heard??? I guess because they've getting to the point where they're bothering me and I'm finding it hard to do much with this hand, at least it's the left hand and not the right. So anyway, that's what is coming up next week.

Tonight I plan on relaxing and catching up on the blogs and then some reading, I'm truly enjoying the Julia Quinn's Bridgerton Series.

I have no clue what I'm fixing for dinner tonight, the day I get groceries is usually left open because we tend to grab something on the go or go out as a family later for a meal. It's one of those things we enjoy doing and since it's only on payday, it's almost like a ritual LOL

So I'm heading out, I'm keeping this one short, my head is pounding and my throat is hurting. I hope you all have a wonderful friday. I leave you with this video that I found on GodTube, it was so powerful for me to watch, I truly hope you all enjoy it too.

God Bless,

8 comments:

Jen said...

I love dump cake....its really good in the morning warmed up with coffee....yum...great comfort food. Keep us posted on your wrists....I'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandra,

you are the cutest...love your cooking, cooking recipes..and reading about your busy day!! Sounds a lot like me, except the cooking...yes, that's right sad to say, "I need that cooking passion to come straight in my heart and kick start my soul, like you." You inspire me, and as I venture off to make my daughter and I some really cute aprons, I hope that will be enough for me to get me inspired enough to want to cook more!! (PRAY FOR ME PLEASE...LOL!!)

In Fact it was really funny, cause my hubby said, "now what are these aprons for??" Yes, it was quite humorous, but still very sad!!

Keep inspiring me, and maybe you can even stop by and give me some easy meal recipes...

"Thank you, have a lovely weekend!!"
Jeannene

Susanne said...

Hope you have a nice restful weekend and get over that nasty cold.

My family loves stuff like that sausage dinner. So easy too!

Alexis Jacobs said...

I'd love your soup recipe. It looks yummy!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Some of my best meals have been what I call "once in a lifetime" - it was made from whatever was in the fridge or on the shelf, and will never happen again! xoxo

Michelle said...

Your throw together dinner looks tasty! I need to go to the commissary too, but I hate going on payday weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to stretch what we have out until Tues (commissary closed on Mon) and go while Kayla is in school!

Toadzilla said...

Wow that was a powerful video. What a neat thing to put on your blog.

Ms. Kathleen said...

You know, I have never made a dump cake but I am going to try this. I need quick and easy recipes...very quick at times that doesn't involve making a sandwich.

I hope you are feeling better.

God Bless!