Friday, November 30, 2007

The grocery shopping has been done, the bills have


been paid and now I'm gearing up for Christmas shopping tomorrow. Now I don't always do this, as a matter of fact, this is EARLY for me, I'm one of those shoppers that loves the rush, the adrenaline pumping shopping that comes with realizing that you are 1 week or a few days away from Christmas and have yet to buy a single present. Crazy???? I think so but I don't know what it is about being out there doing last minute shopping that really brings home the holidays for me.

Anyway, I decided to try it differently this year, so tomorrow we're hitting the stores. What's funny is that even though hubby and I both drive we like doing it together, we only go alone for each other's gifts, when it comes to the kids we go together WITH the kids. Ahhhh but you may wonder just how that is possible???? Easy, we hit the stores and switch off kids as we go, let's say me and Nicholas go buy Jasmine's stuff while Curt and Jasmine get some of Nic's......then we go to the next store and switch over, I will take Jas and he takes Nic. It's fun!

We've decided to set a budget this year and not go over it no matter how much we want to. It's so easy to get carried away and end up spending a small fortune on each kid. One thing we do is buy gifts for each kid and then buy some for them together........stuff that they will both enjoy doing.

Here's an example of some of the items that I'm looking at so far, just some ideas for joint gifts.

Kids:

Moon Sand Kit - My kids are fascinated with moon sand
Motosea Plug and Play - Something I know they will have a blast playing
Playdough Kit - Who doesn't love play dough?
Cranium Superfort Carnival Clubhouse - This is the only thing that they've begged for
Land Before Time "The Wisdom of Friends" - They LOVE Land Before Time
Five Little Monkeys Board Game - They love board games and this would be fun for them
Books - Here's a list of the best Christmas Children's books

As you can see I have a list of just a few items that I know the kids like or want and from there I can pretty much buy anything similar, doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same.

[snowflakesbar.jpg]

Last night I got into bed and since all my shows were reruns I was happy that my Netflix movies had come in. I had been waiting for so long to see Georgia Rule so it was the perfect opportunity. I LOVED IT.......really truly LOVED IT!

It was such a good movie and I'm not a Lindsay Lohan fan by all means, but this movie was really good. It's a good story, it's heartbreaking at some points and funny at others and it's filmed in Hull, Idaho. LOL
I know I know, I miss Idaho but seeing it in the movie made me miss it even more LOL

Anyway, if you're interested in learning more about the movie, go here for the story or here for the trailer.

Tonight we're all sitting down as a family to watch The Santa Clause 3......can't wait!

[snowflakesbar.jpg]

It's actually raining right now and it feels good. It's been a long time, now that I think about it, it's only rained once since we moved here back in July, can you believe that???

So it's humid and raining and cloudy and dark and I'm loving it, I have a sweater on and sweat pants with my little winter booties. Hahaha, I know, it sounds weird but I just love them and knowing that there's not many cold days here in Arizona, I always welcome a chance to wear them.

The kids are begging me for some so I'll have to ask my stepmom and my grandmother back in South Africa to make them a pair. I don't know how to, they made mine for me LOL

[snowflakesbar.jpg]

I'm off to do some housework and then cuddle on the couch with Nicholas for a bit before Jasmine and Curtis get home.

Have a wonderful friday, God Bless,

18 comments:

Mari said...

Good luck with the shopping! Hope you are successful.
Where do you find the animated clip art? It is so cute!

Renee said...

Have fun shopping! Thanks for the tip on the Cranium Superfort. My boys will love that; we've done their Christmas shopping but they both have birthdays in January. We saw Santa Claus 3 the other night and LOVED it! Enjoy your weekend- it sounds like loads of fun.

Courtney said...

Good luck shopping! We watched Santa Clause 3 the other night & we all had fun. It's a cute movie. I just love love love those booties! I'm such a sucker for slippers & what not. I'll pay a fortune for them & a few dollars for tennis shoes LOL! Matt amkes fun of me but I have just always loved them. If you ever find out how they make them let this girl know=)

Jen said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. We started decorating today...the mantle on the fireplace is done..took 2 hours..I kept changing it...the foyer is done. And I start the tree tomorrow morning. Scott will do the outside. Miller and I did do Madison's tree already. Have a great weekend..and I need to get that movie Georgia Rule. I have not seen it yet.

Cheri said...

I'm wondering where you got the animated clip too- very cute.
We usually do shopping like that for the kids too. It is a really fun day-Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
You have been busy. I am done shopping. Now I need to decorate my home. I will call you this week. I just love when we have time to visit.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Ladybug said...

OH I love Christmas Shopping! I am like you though and love the rush. Even when I am finished I sometimes go to the mall and just walk around people watching. It gets me in the Christmas spirit!:)

P. said...

I made already some of my Christmas shopping. I'm so pleased with me.

sisterinchrist said...

My! You have a lovely page to LOOK AT!! I'll have to go through your 'stuff'....;o). Have a lovely weekend!

Laura said...

Hey Sandra,
Sounds like you've got a great shopping plan!! We spent the day today getting the decorations up and it's really feeling like Christmas now!!
My kids watched Santa Clause 3 last night and really liked it!!

Laura

smilnsigh said...

Hope you had a great shopping day!!

Big storm comin' at us here. I'd send you some, if I could!

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Becky said...

Sandra,
Thank you for the cute comment you left on my blog. You are SO much braver than I am with your Christmas shopping. I am one of those frantic people who do it asap....I am all done, surprisingly. Nothing is wrapped though...all just sitting in the office, waiting for me to get started. Have your kids seen The Polar Express? I loved the book growing up and I loved the movie. Hope they have fun watching Santa Clause 3! Can't wait to hear how all your shopping went!

Michelle said...

sounds like a great plan for shopping! Hope it all worked out and you got everything on your list and stuck to your budget! :)

gail@more than a song said...

We used to do some shopping with our kids like that too. I've got to get on the ball this year and get going with it!

The Teacup Cottage said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love meeting other militarty spouses. It makes the world seem like a big (an in my opinion better) place. I'll be back!

Kelli said...

Have fun shopping! I haven't started yet, not a single gift! LOL I love those little slippers!

Hugs,
Kelli

heidi @ ggip said...

Much luck with your shopping. Those booties are cute. I bet they aren't too hard to knit, although I can't do socks yet.

FarmHouse Style said...

You are way ahead of me! I have not done any shopping yet and if I'm not careful, I will be one of those wild last minute shoppers...UGH!!

We watched The Santa Claus 3 this weekend also!

Love the winter booties:)

Rhonda