Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sunny Tuesday!


It's such a nice day out, it's sunny with just a little breeze.

Come on in and sit with me for a bit, let me tell you what's been going on here.


Last night I watched a bit of The Bachelor premiere....why? Why do I even bother trying to watch it, it's just disgusting to me what some of the girls will do for attention, I caught about 10 minutes of it and as luck would have it, it was at the point where one of the girls slips her underwear to the Bachelor. How disgusting and how gross is that???? No shame at all!

I did enjoy the Dancing with the Stars premiere, the guys were pretty good, I'm already loving Jason and Mario and I can't wait to see the ladies in action today.


Speaking of tv and shows, this weekend I bought August Rush. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is my all time favorite actor so I knew I would enjoy this movie. It was so sweet and Curt caught about half of it with me and loved it too.

And speaking of JRM, the new season of The Tudors premieres on Showtime this March 30th, but guess what???? If you go online to this link, you can watch the first episode and OH.MY.GOODNESS is it ever good, I am so excited for the new season.



I'm glad some of you enjoyed the small tips I shared yesterday about templates, I'll share more soon. Jill asked me if there is a place I go to get the color codes, I use my graphics program to get the color I like and the code BUT if you go here, you can find all the ones you want, there's actually a couple of places online for it, I like using this one too, it has so many great colors.

I'm sure some of you have noticed that I've been sharing a lot of recipes lately, I hope you're not getting annoyed with the constant recipes posted, I just love cooking and I love having an archive of everything I make online. I'll share another today for the Mushroom Beef Stroganoff I made last night....YUM and then tonight I'm making Shepherds pie and everyone knows how to make that so I don't think you need my recipe.

You know I still have some of those Breakfast Delights and I think I'm going to just give them away or dump them or whatever, they are so good but such a temptation ..... definitely a recipe to make back in South Africa where there's lots of us to eat LOL



On to something more serious and sad, I'm sure by now a lot of you have watched the news and heard about the pilot we lost this weekend.

Lt. David J. Mitchell, 26 years old, was out on a training mission with his instructor when his F-16 went down over the mountains. This happened friday at noon and we didn't know if he was ok or not, the search teams were only able to get to the area early saturday and that's when they found his body. It's such a sad thing, he had just gotten to this base back in November and was going through his 8 month training to become a pilot.

Being in the military you have this huge sense of community and solidarity and when something like this happens on a base, everyone feels it, not just the airmen but the families too.

My heart goes out to his family and to his friends and to everyone here at Luke AFB. Please say a prayer for this young man.


I don't know what's going on in bloggy land, I've sort of been out of the loop while doing taxes and getting tickets and all this crazy stuff to go home.

I'll be coming by to visit you all later today, just hope you have some coffee and a snack maybe, a little slice of cake or a cookie?

Have a great day everyone, God Bless,

10 comments:

Lulu said...

thats so sad..I will be keeping his family in my prayers...
i love, love all your recipes and it helps so much..
have a nice day Sandra..I always call you Sandy in my mind when i visit your blog..:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. August Rush is going to go on my queue! We got "I Am Legend" today. DH has been asking for it. I will probably watch it too.

THANK YOU for the free episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I will make it until it comes out on DVD. *sigh* I am so tempted to order Showtime. *another sigh*

Sherry

Michelle said...

hi sandra. i did the overline on the blog just have to do the underline :) your dinner looks yummy. Am so happy to see Dwts back on the t.v.!!! have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I've been missing from blogland recently too. So sorry to read about that poor pilot. I will pray for his family.

Lol, Bachelor sounds awful, I get so embarrased by those kind of programmes I avoid them.

Hugs

Sarah

Cheri said...

That is so sad- I'll be praying for that family.
I love Dancing with the Stars and those were my 2 favorites too.

Unknown said...

I've got August Rush in my Netflix queue; can't wait to see it. Thanks for the info about The Tudors. It's one of my favorite shows and I've been anxious for it to come back.

Christina said...

I watch The Bachelor to and I don't know why. I think ever since Trista and Ryan found true love I still believe it will happen again.

Mushroom beef stroganoff sounds awesome. I love mushroom and we love stroganoff. I am glad you post so many recipes.

So sad about Lt. David J. Mitchell. I pray the family will be alright.

Renee said...

Please don't ever stop posting your recipes!!!

So sad to hear about Lt. David Mitchell. I've said a prayer for him and his family.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Michelle said...

I did hear about that Lt's death. My cousin is actually at Luke for F16 training...hits a bit close to home. I heard about it from my mom, who heard from her sister (my cousins' mom). And this Lt was married too (not sure if they have kids?) How very sad and tragic.

We had a death here on our base of a SF airmen - very sad - it was a homicide actually. You just don't imagine those things happening, even though you know you're not immune just because you're military. It does affect everyone though.

Holiday in South Africa said...

Spend your beautiful holidays in South Africa tour, full of adventure.