Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Happy Birthday Wish and other chit chat!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!


Today is my beautiful little niece's birthday. Alyssa is the baby of the family and she's just this bundle of joy.

Being able to see her and spend time with her in South Africa was one of the best moments of my trip back home. Like all my other nieces and nephews, she's just so precious to me and I love her more than words could ever say.

I'm saddened by the fact that I can't be there with her today, but I am in spirit and thought.

So baby girl, have a wonderful birthday, lots of hugs and kisses from Tia Sandra, Uncle Curtis and your cousins Jasmine and Nicholas.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥





I love the sky and I love sky photos and especially at sunrise, there is just something magical about it. We've had the threat of thunderstorms for the past week and every once in a while it will thunder and there will be lightning and then a little rain but it stops just as quick as it started, but what I'm loving about it is the ever changing colors above us.

So what's going on here on my side of the world? Well not much, we're gearing up for the start of school and I'm happy but sad too. It's official, we received Nicholas' letter in the mail yesterda
y showing his room # and his teacher's name. My little boy is starting kindergarten and I can't help but want to cry, what is wrong with me?

I remember feeling the same way with Jasmine but at the time I had Nicholas, he was just 1 years old and I was busy with him, this time it's different, I don't have another baby in the house. It's a scary thought because suddenly I'll have 8 hours a day of just me time....and what do I do with that? LOL

I'm not used to not being busy with children, to always have something to do, to constantly pick up toys after them or break up the bickering. I think this is going to be a very interesting start to a new chapter in my life, and just like everything else we do, it's scary but it's exciting.



Friday night I sat up until 1 am, after everyone had gone to sleep, and I watched my Netflix movies. Want to know what it was that kept me up? Robin Hood Season 1. I have to say I'm really enjoying the series, it's just the kind of show I enjoy and even Nicholas got into it, he was amazed at Robin Hood and his bow and arrow LOL

[robinhood.jpg]

If you want to watch the first episode of the series and see if it's something you would enjoy, click here.

I also finished the book "A Table for Five" by Susan Wiggs. Loved it. It was my first book by this author and I had heard so much about her, so many readers who loved her work so I figured I would pick up the book and see what all the buzz was about. I'm so glad I did, I literally read it in one day.

So as you can see, this weekend I've been able to relax, read, watch movies and I'm also working on the menus for the next two weeks.

Dinner tonight is Old Fashioned Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes and Biscuits. Yum! Btw, if you haven't noticed yet, I've added a few recipes to my sidebar, just click on the photo to take you to the food blog.

And with that I'm out, I have a basket of laundry to wash, dry and iron and beds to be stripped.

Have a great sunday, God Bless,

14 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

What a beautiful sunrise!

Right now I am so wishing for 8 hrs a day of "me" time! I guess when I get there I might just be feeling lonely, though.

Cheri said...

There's nothing wrong with you. I think all moms feel that way when their babies go off to school- I know I did when Halle went to Kindergarten last year.
I love that you've added the recipes to your side bar- great idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. : )
Your niece is so sweet. I have a niece who is also the youngest in the family at age 9. She's my sweetie girl.
Your photos are gorgeous!!!
I also enjoy BBC America's Robin Hood. The bad dude in black Sir-what's-his-name is really handsome! ; ) I blogged about it last year.

Anonymous said...

http://diadsie.wordpress.com/2007/04/17/bbc-americas-robin-hood/

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to your niece...what a cutie! I know it will be hard when Nicholas starts school, but he will do great and make lots of new friends! It's hard to believe how fast these years go by! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend...those sunsets are just beautiful!
~Kelli

Jill said...

Your niece is adorable, and how wonderful you got to be there for her birthday. Honestly, 8 hrs. a day alone sounds great, but I do know what you mean about the new chapter in your life. Knowing you, you'll come up with great new things to fill your time. Can't believe summer's almost over.

Karen said...

You'll be busier than you think, with two kids in school. Their activities will keep you hopping! I've been enjoying your posts about your visit to Africa, reading them a little at a time. Such a beautiful place.

And yummy pictures on your sidebar:)!

Keri said...

First of all, those are beautiful pictures!

I have a little by starting kindergarten this year too and it makes me want to cry as well. Thank goodness I'll still have one at home and one on the way. I don't know what I'd do with 8 hours to myself either...Although, now that I'm thinking on it more it sounds pretty good :) Enjoy your quiet house!

Megan said...

i LOVE sky pictures!

Megan

Anonymous said...

I cry at the start of every school year and wonder what will I do with the Midge gone all day, but then I get caught up in all the school-related volunteering and projects around the house and before I know it my day is gone and I'm crying because I feel like I have no time for myself....

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love the pictures and hope your niece had a wonderful birthday!

I haven't heard of the Robin Hood series, and like you, I haven't read anything by Susan Wiggs yet. Thanks for the recommendations :) Sounds like a good weekend, hope you enjoyed every minute!

Barbara said...

Those big milestones have to be hard. Hope you both have a good first day of kindergarten.

Anonymous said...

Sandra ~ I remember being in your shoes when dd started school 2years ago. I did alot of tearing up that day. Now my oldest is going to 7 grade (jr. high here) and the baby goes into 2nd. They grow in the blink of an eye don't they?! I started subbing when she started school and I really have enjoyed it.

Brandy

gail@more than a song said...

Great pictures from your trip in the other posts! But I love this one of the sun coming up over the house, very nice.
And yikes, your little one starting kindergarten, where does the time go! You'll find lots to keep you busy though...Jasmine's haircut is adorable!