Monday, August 18, 2008

Cup of Tea and good reading!


It's just short of 2pm and I've finished all my house work, the laundry is washed, ironed and put away...the floors are swept and mopped....the living room is clean and tidy and I'm just sitting down to a cup of hot tea.

I don't have to pick up the kids for another 45 minutes so I'm going to enjoy this quiet time with my books and magazines.

Earlier this morning I returned some books to the library and then of course, I couldn't leave without filling my little tote bag with some more. Then I stopped at the BX and picked up some magazines too.

Oh this magazine just makes me all sorts of happy

Not only is it pretty to look at but they always have some of the best recipes, ever!

How neat are those blue bottles?

Just imagine waking up every day to this view? I would probably spend a lot of time in bed though LOL
One of the library books I got is called The Smart Approach to Kid's Room. I'm trying to redo the kids bedrooms and this book has tons of awesome ideas.

This one below just screams Jasmine to me.
And the kitchen, I mean, this kitchen could have been built in my name, I could see myself in there cooking and baking
Yeah, I want a bedroom like that, not sure how Curt would enjoy it though, he may run screaming because of all the pink and ruffly stuff LOL

So here's a list of what I picked up and I can't wait to start reading:

Romantic Country
Victoria May/June
Victoria July/August
Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion
Country Living

Laura Ashley Bedrooms
The Smart Approach to Kid's Rooms
Country Home New Country Style

15 comments:

Lisa Cobler said...

Yiu have been super busy today. That magazine looks awesome. Enjoy!

Carla said...

Looks like you are 'recovering' from daytime empty nest syndrome really well!

Katrina said...

I wish I could sit and relax and read. hehe. I love the wii fit already! We were playing with it last night, and it is definitely a workout!

Anonymous said...

LOL I subscribe to Victoria, Mary Engelbreit and Country Living! And Cottage Living and Better Homes and Gardens....and Martha Stewart.......OH MY. And that's not all of them. But I get a lot of them for FREE! And at Christmas time they have 5 dollar subscriptions...and I can't resist......

Enjoy!

Sherry

Jen said...

I need to run down there this week and look for some new cook books and I want some books for entertaining....do you know of any? I may look for some magazines too..good idea...your time alone sounds wonderful...I cherish mine always.

Lulu said...

i love victorian and heard it was back, but i cant find it..i guess i will have to go to other places and look..
take care,

Michelle said...

I love love Laura Ashley ,it's so floral and feminine..
Are you loving you days with both children in school? Have a good day..

Unknown said...

What a great way to spend some quiet time!

Susanne said...

Yes, that last bedroom somehow does not say "Big, tough, air force man" to me. LOL.

I love looking through magazines too.

Mamajil said...

I love that magazine I use to be subscribed.....Sounds like a busy and wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

want, want, want, want, want
covet, covet, covet, covet, covet

Hugs n' love

Sarah x

autumnesf said...

I just don't think there is anything better than a cup of tea and reading material.

Krista said...

You've been very busy today! All of that before 2pm? Wow!

Christina said...

It looks like someone is in the mood to redecorate. I liked the pictures. The girls bedroom was really pretty, It doesn't look like it would be too hard to copy for Jasmine either
.
That magazine is so much fun to look at. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You really did well at the library. 45 minutes for tea and relaxation, that's awesome. You sure deserve it after all the stuff you got done today.

Barbara said...

Can I come peek through them with you? I'll have to look for the Victoria magazine, I wonder if they have those around here.