Saturday, August 23, 2008

:: Quiet Saturday! ::

There is something about Saturday mornings, something about hearing the birds chirping outside and allowing your body to wake up on it's own, getting up while everyone is sleeping in and turning on the coffee pot, nothing but the morning silence around you. Everything still looks kind of dark and you can see the sun rising in the distance, slowly creeping up over the mountain top.

Moving to the stove with some breakfast recipe in mind.....or not....sometimes I grab one of my old cookbooks and quickly flip through for some inspiration.

By this time I start hearing the pitter patter of little feet coming down the hallway, hands rubbing eyes and sleepy looks on their smiling faces. I absolutely love that first sight of my children.

After some quick hugs and kisses they head to the couch, the tv on to some cartoons while they wait for whatever mommy is making. It's a good thing that none of them are usually ready to eat until about 30 or 40 minutes after they wake up. For breakfast this morning it was Applesauce Puffs, quick and easy to make and the scent of apple and cinnamon linger in the house for a couple of hours.

Would you think less of me if I told you I stayed in my pajama's until noon today? Because it wasn't like I was planning to, I just completely forgot that I had them on and by the time lunch rolled around I was horrified LOL Not that there's anything wrong with wearing pj's all day, I've done it before when I'm sick.

After changing and eating some left over Orange Chicken for lunch, we headed to the park for a few minutes, it was all we could take, the heat was just unbearable so after only 20 minutes we quickly made our way back home to the air conditioning and big glasses of homemade iced tea.

http://teaembassy.com/images/iced-tea-embassy.jpg

Now it's night time, there's the sound of crickets outside and the moon shining in the sky, not a single cloud is in sight. It's the perfect ending to a lazy quiet Saturday.

I'm off to get the kids ready for bed and then I'm planning to settle in for the night, a good book in hand or maybe some knitting, we'll see what I'm in the mood for.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Those applesauce puffs look delicious!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Sandra :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh you make your Saturday look soooo wonderful! I love a lazy quiet Saturday too...ours have been a bit hectic recently.

Love n' hugs

Sarah

Jen said...

I'm in my pj's quiet a bit until noon..esp on Monday's. Your Saturday sounds wonderful. I just took my first sip of coffee....yum yum...I have Irish creamer this morning..a new one I found. It's sweet and yummy. I started a new recipe blog..I'm playing it with it....have a great Sunday!

heidi @ ggip said...

I love your description of your day. I love saturdays, although yesterday I was all confused and thought it was sunday. :)

Cheri said...

The applesauce puffs sounds so yummy. I have to admit that I'm usually up after my kids on Saturdays.

Kelli said...

I loved reading about your quiet and peaceful morning, Sandra! I'm going to be making those Applesauce Puffs this week. They look like the perfect breakfast and snack!
~Kelli

Susanne said...

I love lazy Saturdays although they are very rare in my world.

Those puffs look delish!

smilnsigh said...

Saturdays don't get much better than this.

I'm so glad that everyone is feeling good again!

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine

smilnsigh said...

Wheeeeeeee, the blog look is back to pink and white!!!!!! :-)

And oh what a yummy sounding breakfast muffin recipe. Yummmmmmmm...

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine

Lulu said...

sounds like a nice saturday for you all..

Linds said...

What a perfect day! And I love the loook of those apple sauce puffs too. I do believe I can smell them from here!