Wednesday, August 20, 2008

UGH, what a night!


To say I had a bad night would be an understatement, it was more like one of those that the sun rises outside and you wonder how that can be possible since you didn't sleep at ALL....and no amount of willing the time back will do it either. I tried!

Both Jasmine and Nicholas are home from school today, both sick with a cold, both running fevers and both cranky and whiny. They were also the reason I was up all night, having a sick child is not easy but when it's both at the same time it's downright ridiculous, I've mastered the art of cleaning a running nose while hushing someone else to sleep in the next room. Just when I thought they were finally asleep, I would crawl back into bed and close my eyes and BAM again, someone crying that they can't breathe or just crying because they felt awful.

So anyway, it's morning, they're both settled in front of the tv with their blankets and their pillows, they've had their breakfast and the cold medicine and I think that pretty soon they will be out for the count. At this point I wonder "maybe I could slip back into bed for a nap" but you know what? I'm not like that, I'm the kind of person that the minute I get up in the morning I just can't go back to bed.....crazy I know, but what can I do?

I have my hot cup of coffee and a piece of toast that I'm not enjoying, the toast that is, the coffee is my salvation in the mornings. It's going to be one of those days!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I finished the Robin Hood Season 2 series and I loved it and hated it. Yes, both, more on the hated the last episode and cried my eyes out and got very annoyed with the writers. Even Nicholas was shocked and upset and if you can get a 5 year old to shed a tear in a season finale, you KNOW something is not right.

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/tvtoday/images/robin.jpg

I would tell you what it was that upset us, but in case there's someone out there busy watching the series, I don't want to spoil it. I'll just say that I'm very irritated LOL But I can't wait for the new season to start in January of 2009 on BBC, it helps that Jonas Armstrong is very easy on the eyes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm sure you were expecting me to say more, but I have nothing, zilch, nada. it's what happens when you're tired and feeling sort of out of it. I know I have a load of laundry to wash, iron and put away but that's the extent of my to do list for today. Well maybe some reading but I doubt much else will get done with two sick kiddos, so I figured I would end this post with something I used to do a long time ago, like when I first started blogging:


Dinner tonight is Galinha A Braz - it's this portuguese dish that includes cooked chicken, fries and eggs all together, it's kind of like a big casserole egg thingy. Ugh it's hard to try and translate things LOL




One load of laundry - wash, iron and put away




Olympics - 7pm - NBC

  • Track and Field, Gymnastics, Women's Beach Volleyball

Ghost Hunters International *NEW* - 9pm - Sci-Fi

  • Dracula's Castle in Romania

*****************************

One year ago today - *there was no post, I don't know what I was doing LOL*

Two years ago today - Crafts, Cries and other Crazy Things!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the sick kiddos and the kind of night you had. I think it was 2 years ago that Amanda got the stomach flu and I stayed with her on a blanket on the bathroom floor, to be close to the toilet. And I remember that the next day was a Holiday, so no school, but it was tough to feel crummy on a day off.

Hope the colds begin to heal and that there is sleep in your future tonight :o)

Oh, and sorry you got disappointed by a season finale...sometimes you just want to personally talk to the writers and ask "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??" I was into watching the first year of a series last year called Moonlight and it was sadly not renewed...but some other junk was...boy was I Irritated!!

Sandra said...

Elizabeth Ann - OH my gosh, Moonlight, we all loved it and it's sad that it wasn't renewed, it was really good wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Poor you, I hope you get some sleep tonight and that the children feel better soon!

Are you enjoying the Olympics? We are. I felt really sorry for that American chappie that got disqualified in the 200 metres, it seemed a bit harsh to me. He was so happy 'cos he thought he had bronze and then his face when he found out he was disqualified! Poor chap.

Hugs n' love

Sarah

Cheri said...

I feel your pain- I've got that stinkin cold too! What is up with getting colds in the summer??
I hope you and the kids feel better soon!

Susanne said...

Oh I'm sorry you're going through the sick thing again at your house. Hope you get lots of rest today to make up for it!

smilnsigh said...

Wow, here and I thought all was well again. Might have known. When one of those colds gets in the house, it travels around.

So hope tonight is better than last night...

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds so good... I'm hungry!

Mozi Esme said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! One of the side effects of school - bugs that make the rounds quickly . . .

Jen said...

You need to do these more often...I love to know what you are doing....no I'm not a stalker...lol.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your rough night. I have a cold too and it's not fun. However, my husband did come home early last night to cook dinner for me. He ended up making the breakfast burritos that you posted about last week. They were delicious!

Lavinia said...

Sandra, I am getting caught up on my fave blogs....I want to say that I like your new header..things have changed since the last time I was here...you are always improving and jazzing up your blog, it looks really great. The food on the sidebar is wonderful, handy access for recipes...I still want to try that orange cake!

Sorry that the kiddies are under the weather...I didn't think that people caught colds in hot climates, oh well....hope they are all better as you read this.

No sleep all night? My..and you still have the energy to cook dinner...wow. The energizer bunny could learn a thing or two from you!