Sunday, September 21, 2008

A day spent in bed....



It's early here and I've just managed to pull myself out of bed. This cold has completely taken me by surprise, not to say that I don't get my share of summer colds or winter or pretty much anytime during the year actually, but this is one that really really got to me.

Yesterday I spent the day in bed and I don't mean, just relaxing or reading....I was running such a high fever that it felt like I had a run in with a semi truck. My body hurt something awful and I felt no energy to do anything at all around the house. Thank you Lord that it was saturday and not a week day because I don't know how I would have gotten through it.

It started rearing it's ugly head on Friday around noon and by the time I went to pick up the kids from school they could tell that something was wrong. I remember driving back home in a sweat, body aching, nose congested and just yucky. That was it, thankfully Curt was already home from work because I went to bed and didn't get up until this morning. My family survived on take out and lots of snacking while I lay with the tv on trying to pay attention to the shows but not even caring what was on......at one point I remember Curt walking in and asking me why I was watching cop shows LOL

Anyway, seems that the cold moved from my head down to my chest, so I'm coughing, I have a hoarse whiskey voice and I'm still congested, but thankfully the fever is gone.

So here I am, I got up early, cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes, cleaned the living room, rearranged all the couch pillows and picked up all the toys, got rid of empty cups and soda cans and I fixed some Cinnamon Rolls, and not the ones in the tin either, homemade ones. Now I have a load of laundry started and I am sitting here on the computer with a hot cup of coffee and my gooey rolls. Life is good.

Photobucket

I'm not going to overdo it though, it's too easy when you're feeling a little better, to just jump in with both feet and then end up worse than when you started.

After the laundry is switched to the dryer, I plan on changing out of my pj's and then laying on the couch and maybe watch some tv, or read. Lunch will be grilled cheese sandwiches and dinner is Pizzeria Pot Pie. Sometime during the afternoon the kids asked me to make them some 5 minute chocolate cake and since it's so easy and they can make their own, I'll probably do that. What you never tried it?? It's SO good and super easy because it's baked in a coffee mug in the microwave, YEAH that's right. Very dangerous recipe and not because of the radiation of the microwave but because now you have access to this goodness at any time of the day. Tsk Tsk Tsk

Sounds like the laundry is ready to be switched so I better get on that, I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

God Bless

14 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Thanks for the early morning visit. Those cinnamon rolls look truly scrumptious!!

Michelle said...

I hope that you feel better soon Sandra.I can't belive you made cinnamon rolls look so tasty.

Jen said...

I hope you get in a nap today. I like lazy Sundays.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Sandra. Maybe you should take one more sick day before your husband heads back to work and the kids are off to school. They can fend for themselves a bit longer while you get better.

Linds said...

I hope you are feeling better too. The cold sounds more like flu to me. Those cinnamon rolls look so good - where is the recipe?? Adn tell me more about the 5min choc cake too!
Take care of yourself today!

Melissa Martin said...

We must have gotten hit with the same thing at the same time. I spent the day in bed yesterday too.

glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I hope you feel better soon. The cinnamon rolls look so good. I will be back for Slow Cooker Thursday. I have a new recipe I am going to make.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lulu said...

hope you feel all better soon, Sandra..
prayers and hugs,

Anonymous said...

SO glad that you're feeling a bit better, Doll! You're right though- don't over do it. Pride yourself that you've raised semi self sufficient children (that includes your husband *wink*) and let them take care of them selves for the day! Brilliant Blog- I really do enjoy all your posts!

Cheri said...

Glad you've turned the corner- don't overdue now!

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better, but continue to take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Poor Sandra...me too, I'm feeling pretty ill too.

Hope you are well soon.

Hugs

xxxx

Amy said...

Oh man, Sandra!! Girl, I am still praying for you.. hope last nite was even more healing and restful for your sickie body... Bless you, girl!!

~ Amy