Friday, November 14, 2008

It just gets crazier and crazier.....


One thing I do every payday is head to the commissary for grocery shopping, I've said before, I shop for two weeks because being military we get paid on the first and the 15th. With that said, grocery day is always crazy, we live in a base that is surrounded by the biggest retired military community, there's something like 70 000 retirees and things can get quick hectic near the Commissary and inside.

You have to be extra careful when driving and obviously inside the store. It's already crazy but when the base or whoever, suddenly decides to resurface the parking lot, then boy are we stuck with a major hassle.

This is the parking lot before, now most of it is under construction leaving pretty much nowhere to park. I had to park across the street at the Chinese restaurant, I have a friend who had to park on the 3rd floor of the BX covered parking (right ahead on the photo above). Of all the times in the year to decide to do this, they pick now????

Needless to say, it took me forever to find a spot, took me forever to get the groceries because the store was full and it took me forever to get the heck out of the parking lot. It's been ONE of those days.

But after that crazy day, I'm now finally able to sit at the computer and relax, if it were up to me I would already be in bed.

I have absolutely no plans for this weekend, I think it's going to be one of those easy going whatever happens go with the flow weekends and that suits me just fine. It's been way too busy around here lately and I'm craving peace and quiet, hot coffee, a good book and comfort food, maybe some knitting and definitely some more McLeod's Daughters.

For now though, I'm going to take a warm bath and then give the kids theirs, then it's warm pj's for everyone, hot chocolate and butter cookies and reading in bed, we may watch a movie too and try to stay up waiting for daddy to come home from work.

It's my perfect little moment in this imperfect world we live in.

13 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Gotta love governmental project planning! LOL I do miss base shopping though!

Mike Golch said...

Sandra, That is the one thing that i do miss about being in the USAF the commisary was really nice on our base.

Bonnie said...

Your perfect little moment sounds wonderful !!

Anonymous said...

I really do hate grocery shopping at the best of times!

Love and hugs

Jen said...

Grocery shopping is not one of my favorites at all. You deserve the nice quiet weekend. That is what we are having as well. I look forward to them!!

Anonymous said...

Around here we have constant road construction and no matter which road you plan to take it ends up either being down to one lanes or detours. Drives me nuts.
We were supposed to grocery shop today but its raining with a blistering wind blowing so I'm dreaming of a cupps hot tea and a good book.
There's always tomorrow.

Cheri said...

That sort of craziness is my worst nightmare. I bet my mood would have been a bit crabby!

Your plans for the night sounded great- what a perfect evening!

Lara said...

I cannot even imagine what it is like to live in a place like that. But the plans for the evening sound great. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lulu said...

i hate shopping with a passion, unless its for yarn..
have a good weekend..

autumnesf said...

NEVER shop on the 1st or 15th!!! LOL! Can't you put it off by one day???

Unknown said...

I don't like to shop at all, my husband does most of it. I do make out lists and go along with him occasionally but prefer to stay out of the stores.

heidi @ ggip said...

I can't even imagine how crazy it is! I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Lisa Cobler said...

You have an award waiting for you at my blog.