Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Talk!

Photobucket

It's a quiet day here in the Air Force Household. The clouds are dark and grey, the wind is blowing a bit and everything in the house is dark, except for the soft glow of the Christmas tree in the corner.

It's one of those days, the quiet, nothing planned, fly by the seat of our pants, do whatever you want, days. Those are by far my favorites!

I got up this morning and made my way to the kitchen, behind me came the pitter patter of tiny feet, sleepy eyes and tousled hair. There's nothing like the first hug in the morning, the one that is warm and made with half asleep arms, the sound of "morning mommy, I love you" which sets the tone for the rest of the day, how can you not smile when those are the first words you hear?

I quickly set to work, turned on the kettle for some hot tea and whipped up some pancakes which were then slathered with butter and drizzled with Toasted Pecan Syrup and dollops of whipped cream. Smiles and giggles erupted over the breakfast table, jokes and laughing and goofing around in between bites of pancake.

While I did the dishes the kids moved into the living room to entertain themselves, with hubby working night shift he is still asleep at this time so we try to stay out of his way and be as quiet as we possibly can, which if you have children you understand is near impossible. But for the most part they're pretty good about it.

Photobucket

It's a little chilly here today, the temperatures are finally dropping and it's starting to feel more like winter. The sun keeps trying to peek through but is having no luck.

This red hair and eyes just kill me, I never get enough of them :)

Photobucket

Here's my boy, off in his own world. he claimed he was really cold so he grabbed his spiderman blanket and wrapped it around his waist like a skirt LOL

Photobucket

I find myself staring at the Christmas tree throughout the day, there's something magical about the glow of the lights and the decorations, it completely transports you to another time doesn't it?

Photobucket

While the kids are playing and the husband is sleeping, I've been keeping myself busy with the knitting, trying to finish off all the last minute gifts.....like this little knitted coaster, it only took me 30 minutes to make it.

I'm thinking of making six altogether and wrapping them in a bow, it would make a great gift, wouldn't it?

Photobucket

Here's a closer look

Photobucket

And waiting on my needles is a Petal Dishcloth for myself, I'll see how it turns out and decide if I want to OR have time to make some for gifts.

Photobucket

But while I'm knitting I do enjoy watching tv, and yesterday I got 4 DVD's from Netflix with Season 6 of McLeod's Daughters and OH.MY.WORD is it ever getting good. I am completely obsessed with this show, I can't seem to get enough of it and just pop one in after the other, I'm sure I'll have all watched today and ready to be mailed off tomorrow. I'm THAT bad!

I do hope you're all having a quiet and relaxing Sunday. I'm off to work on my menus for the next two weeks and my grocery list....tomorrow is commissary day. I need to make sure I have everything I need for the tons of baking I'll be doing this week, which means the Food Blog will be flooded with recipes. YAY!

Have a great day everyone, I leave you with one of my favorite songs at the moment, Carrie Underwood and "Just a Dream". When you watch the video you'll understand why this song is so beautiful and so sad at the same time.



Carrie Underwood - Just A Dream music video

22 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Sandra:
I think your blog is one of my very favorites to visit. We have the very same sky but no snow. I am thinking that pancakes, sweet babies and knitting all make for a lovely Sunday morning.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Your knitted things are just lovely.

The pancakes look delicious.

Love n' hugs

Sarah

Brandy said...

Sandra ~ I LOVE Carrie Underwood... she was awesome in concert too!! :) That song is beautiful. Have you listened to Don't forget to remember me?

Glad your Sunday started off so lovely. Ours has been relaxed as well.

Brandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That song gets to me every time, especially since my hubby is deployed right now. Any song about the hubby's leaving makes me bawl.

Amy said...

Happy Sunday to you!

Loved reading about your morning this beautiful day :) What beautiful beautiful babies you have, Sandra! I love how you love them and how happy they are... you can tell alot about a child's home by their eyes :)

Love the beautiful specks of color through out your knit coasters :) I love how you work with you hands and heart :) Whoever receives any of those precious gifts is blessed indeed!
You have me soooooo coureous about the McCloud Series... I am just going to have to start that up now... darn it! LOL! I was like that until I got throught Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman... I love that series... love the era.. I probably have already mentioned that before... but the series you are watching seems fun and drawing like that one was. Have to check that out too!

Bless you, my friend this lovely and chilly AZ day!

Hugs.. Amy

threesidesofcrazy said...

We had the same kind of day (except lots of snow) and the same breakfast LOL well, we skipped the whipped cream. Don't you just love those everyone is at home and there really is nothing more important than the family being together days?

I think the coasters would be a lovely gift! I loved the tea cozy you made last week too.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed sharing your day with you.. it was very dark and gloomy here too with ice and sleet on it's way..
I loved your coaster and dish cloth.. when the holidays are over I need to knit myself a few more.

autumnesf said...

I can't believe you are stepping foot in the commissary on payday. At Christmas time. You deserve some kind of award for that I think.

Looks like we will probably end up in Tuscon next. Looking forward to seeing some of those cool kinds of sunsets you are always showing. At least I hope they have them there also!

Melanie said...

Enjoyed your pictures and the music video1

the said...

Those pancakes look yummy!!!
I find myself staring at the tree lately too!!

davec777 said...

Hey - you got me watching McLeod's Daughters. I just finished Season 3 and I'm not sure that I can watch anymore now that Claire died. Stevie is just not a replacement for her. Anyway, any words of advice here? =)

Stephanie

Susanne said...

Wow that song almost broke my heart. Crying here.

You describe your day with such beautiful words, Sandra.

All My Blessings said...

Good Morning Sandra, I's wonderful that you can get up and be so ambitious! If I got up and started breafast, knitting while watching tv I would wake up and find that it's even later than usual. I love reading your post..thank you, Kae

mommy4girls said...

Sandra - I came across your blog today and I really enjoyed reading it. I also see that you have a few Portuguese recipe. My husband is Portuguese and I can never make anything like his mom so I may have to try your recipe out!

I am a SAHM to 2 girls and we live in NJ. I just wanted to share an exciting opportunity to earn extra income from home with you and others that may be reading this blog. It's an opportunity for SAHM to make extra income while making our lives healthier by removing the toxic out of our homes.

If you or anyone is interested, please visit my website at www.themomteam.com/sarahneno or email me at sarah.neno@gmail.com

Happy Holidays!

Lulu said...

love the knitting, its beautiful..
been busy with baby hats, a few have been sent already..
the kids are gorgeous as ever..
its raining and very windy here..
love the pancakes, could go for some now..lol
hugs,

Anonymous said...

I love the petal dishcloth...where can I find the pattern?

Laura said...

My sister has the same exact coffee mug. She loves it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your day. The pancakes look delish!!! Love the video too, but made me cry. :(
Cold windy & snowing here brrrr. Have I mentioned I don't like winter so much??!!! Blessings

Blessed Beyond said...

Good Morning, Sandra.
How are you doing? Your day sounds lovely! I too love to starring at the Christmas tree. Near by it, is a favorite place of mine to sleep. So much we put a larger one in our bedroom. Your pancakes look so yummy! I love the coasters and the dish cloth will be awesome. I do belive the set of coasters would be an awesome gift! Wish I knew how to knit. The video is extremely touching! Very sad.Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs and Blessings,

Blessed Beyond said...

Good Morning, Sandra.
How are you doing? Your day sounds lovely! I too love to starring at the Christmas tree. Near by it, is a favorite place of mine to sleep. So much we put a larger one in our bedroom. Your pancakes look so yummy! I love the coasters and the dish cloth will be awesome. I do belive the set of coasters would be an awesome gift! Wish I knew how to knit. The video is extremely touching! Very sad.Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs and Blessings,

Jen said...

Your pancakes look really good. Your home seems very cozy to be in today. Hope the temps drop a little more for you...it would be nice for you to see snow again.