Friday, March 06, 2009

Ripple Goodness!

Photobucket

It's so darn addictive and so relaxing at the same time.

I can't help it, it makes me smile as I watch the ripples take effect even though it's in no way perfect.

It's my first ripple project EVER and I've had to pull it apart twice and restart some rows and I've also had a run in with a ball of yarn that was apparently *without me knowing* made up of some short pieces which ended in me having to knot together some ends to continue the row.

Photobucket

But all in all, I am thrilled and I am already thinking of my next ripple project....some blankets for the kids, to enjoy while they watch tv.

Photobucket

This one is nowhere near big enough for anything other than a pillow for my bed. Oh I can't wait.

Photobucket

For some reason the colors make me think of Ice Cream....a Neopolitan or Chocolate Mint Chip. Mmmmmm!

Well, back to rippling, and if you want to follow along, this is the pattern I am using, it's super easy and once you start, you won't be able to stop. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Photobucket

15 comments:

Christy said...

That is gorgeous. I love the colors. Your talents amaze me.

Lynn said...

Love your project. I think just about all needlework is addicting. And relaxing. It's a fun way to unwind at the end of the day ;)

Mari said...

I made an afghan in this pattern when I was first married and now I have forgotten how to do it. I may have to study that pattern - I bet I could pick it up again!

Lulu said...

Its beautiful Sandra...Its coming along nicely and i love the colors..
Right now iam crocheting a granny square blankie for a baby..I think it will be for a preemie, not sure yet..
take care,

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Those ripples are turning out very nice! I just love those colors!

Tasha said...

thats pretty, i use to crochet i need to get back with it

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when you have to tie knots in your yarn.. it also drives me up a wall when I buy one of those one pounders only to find they have tied knots in it.
I too like those colors.. very pretty together.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love the colors. You do really nice work and yes I hate having to do a knot or having one or more pop up in a ball of yarn.

Clocks Spring Forward Tonight
So Here Comes Spring
from Roberta Anne

Arizona I think this is not for you...smiles...

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! I love it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkisses

Cheri said...

I love the colors too. I so wish I could do that!

heidi @ ggip said...

I absolutely love the colors you chose. I have thought about trying ripples with knitting, but haven't had the time.

Heather said...

Beautiful - love the colors, I totally was thinking ice cream before I got to your comment about it! Maybe the word "ripple" helps too.

Good job!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is beautiful. I think projects like that are good therapy for us busy ladies....very relaxing! Debbi

Michelle said...

I love it Sandra :) Hope that NIcholas gets better.Have you tried the vicks on his feet? and a humidifer with vicks liquid?

Anonymous said...

Would love to see another update with pictures...

It looks great so far