Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Getting out of the funk!

All the sickies around here have had us in a funk, well me especially, I just didn't have the energy or patience to do things I normally love.....like cooking and baking and stepping outside to enjoy the fresh air.

It felt like we were playing a game of musical chairs with the flu, but thankfully it seems to be dissipating and we're all starting to feel like ourselves. To me, it means grabbing the camera and snapping some pictures and being back in the kitchen where I feel most relaxed.

Photobucket

I had 3 overly ripe bananas sitting on the counter, so I whipped up a delicious Banana Bread. Smells heavenly in here!

I went outside this afternoon and found this. We've had some pretty strong winds here lately and they seem to knock all the lemons off the tree and other than the fact that some hit the ground and become a little mushy......I actually don't mind the wind's help, makes picking lemons even easier :)

I don't know where the little one went, but I found this broken egg shell in my front yard and just had to smile, isn't it just the cutest little thing?

So life goes on here, we're having some stuff to deal with when it comes to future plans and immediate plans. The main thing is that we do NOT like Arizona, we've pretty much been sick constantly since moving here and we've also had some issues with the public schools.

It comes down to whether we can handle it all for another year or two, or we make plans to have me and the children return to Idaho while Curt finishes out his career here. It's hard, extremely hard to make a decision of this magnitude, so we'll see how things go.

Other than that, we're counting down the days until Summer break, I think the kids and I are both ready to call it quits for a few months and just relax, get up late, stay up late, enjoy the summer days of nothing planned and just doing whatever strikes our fancy.

I keep reminding them and myself that we only have 16 days left. WooWee, can't wait!

Well the dinner dishes are calling my name, then it's baths and homework and all that fun stuff before we can sit down on my bed and watch American Idol.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday. I'll see you back here tomorrow morning for my "wanna try" post.

24 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so glad you are all starting to feel better. Nice shots - the banana bread looks good!

Unknown said...

Good riddence to the sickies. The banana breads looks so good I can almost smell it.

Holli said...

So sorry you hate AZ! :( We can't wait to move back there in 18 months. I suppose it's all about where God wants you, though. We never thought we'd move back, but he's steered our hearts.

Conny said...

The "funk" seems to be prevalent right now!! We've got it at our house - and we haven't even been sick. I think it is just the end-of-the-school-year funk here. We have 3 1/2 weeks to go here (that would be 12 school days - with 2 of those being NOON DISMISSAL) - hallelujah!!! Glad you're feeling a little better & starting to enjoy the things you do again. :)

Grandma Elsie said...

Glad to hear you are all felling better.Now that banana bred is Good for you all. My family used to love it hot out of the oven.
I said a prayer for God to give you wisdom about the move or not.And about your being sick a lot there... He has the answer we know.
Blessings over your home.
Elsie <><

Blessed Beyond said...

Glad everyone is getting well! What a blessing. I will for sure be praying for yall and for your family, in knowing what is best for the future. Your banana bread looks wonderful, so much that I want to make some. Hope you enjoy your night!

Hugs and Blessings,

Bonnie said...

I'm glad everyone is on the mend. I so know about the funk !!! Looks like you are well and truly on the way out of it ! That banana bread looks delicious !! I might need to do some baking myself here soon !! That is a terribly big decision you have to make. My little piece of advice would be to keep the family together. I know it's hard to live in a place you don't like (been there, done that) but at least you are together !! Have you thought of homeschooling for a couple of years ? Just a thought ...

Sarah said...

I have to second Bonnie - have you thought about homeschooling? :)

I hope the next couple of weeks go well for you and you can have some peace in the decisions you need to make. I pray, too, that you can keep your family together and support one another through the daily troubles.

Take care!

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better.Would you consider homeschooling? I don't know what to say in regards to Arizona and Idaho?

Jen said...

I'm ready for summer too. i have already been thinking of fun things this summer. Miller is at the great age of experimenting with things. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Cheri said...

Wow- 16 days? We've got about 5 weeks left!!!
Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. Where in Idaho would you be moving too? I think you should pray about it and God will lead you to do what is right. It would be hard on all of you to be separated.

I am an American Idol fan too. Who do you think will win? Debbi faustx2@yahoo.com

The Raggedy Girl said...

I have twenty three school days left to take care of my great grandbabies and as much as I love them, I too am looking forward to a summer where I get to do what I want. I am so glad that your sickness has gone away. Praying for you as you work on choices about where you will live and how long you will stay in Arizona.

The Raggedy Girl

autumnesf said...

Sickness, horrible schools and an intact family are far better than the best schools in the world and no daddy. As a mommy with a husband who is gone more than he is home the last 8 years --- Don't leave C all alone. The kids suffer so without their daddies. Idaho is not going anywhere and will be so much sweeter with your love.

Tina Leigh said...

I've missed you. I hope all of you are on the mends. Do you think it could have been the swine flu and have you given any more thought to what I said about the sheet rock? Just makes you wonder if it isnt something in the home. Call me weird....but I think about all that stuff now. Glad you posted.

Heather said...

Ugh, you all have been sick for so long... we too are considering a move (further south - except good luck selling a house/finding a job for my DH right now). Will pray for guidance for all of us!

Made your slow cooker chicken curry last night and it was really good - the kids even kind of ate it which is huge!!

Margie said...

so glad you're feeling better!!

Susanne said...

Mmmm yum. I'm pretty sure I've got brown bananas in the freezer. I know what I'll be doing later today!

Wow, Sandra that really is a huge decision you're facing. I'll be praying for you guys.

Terri said...

Glad you're feeling better. I love the picture of the lemons. I would love to be able to go outside and pick fresh lemons. Can't do that in Michigan.

cassandrasmom said...

Love the lemon tree picture! I want to plant a lemon tree in our backyard so badly.

I plan on trying your banana bread recipe as soon as I have a chance.

Glad you are all feeling better.

Cindy said...

so glad to hear you are all feeling better! That banana bread sure looks yummy! I think I may be making some this weekend-it's been awhile! That little eggshell is just precious!

Lulu said...

hope you all feel all better soon..
banana bread looks delich..
have a good Thursday Sandra..

Renee said...

So glad to hear you all are starting to feel better. I can't believe summer is just around the corner!

Erin said...

I really, really second Bonnie's 'keep the family together'. . . When we lived in England the first time, and I really, really did NOT like it, my little Nicholas and I returned to the US 5+ months before my husband was able to. . . Yes, we talked everyday and there were visits, but it wasn't the same as being together as a family. . .

As for the never-ending colds/bugs we've got that at our house as well. . . I'm hoping this next year will be better for it. . .

Sending prayers and well wishes your way!