Monday, November 02, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful blue skies but nippy outside.


One of my simple pleasures:
Baking, whether is a cake or just a simple loaf of bread. It's relaxing and calming and I love it.


On my bedside table:
Night World by L. J. Smith - The same author of the Vampire Diaries. Love this series, just picked up the 3 books at Walmart yesterday.
Almost done with the first book, I'm really enjoying them, they're light reads and all centered around teenagers.


On my TV:
Little House on the Prairie Season 7


On the menu for tonight:
Penne with Sausage - I'll have the recipe up on the food blog later.


On my To Do List:
Mop and sweep
Post office


New Recipe I tried last week:
No new recipe last week


In the craft basket:
Wrist warmers and crochet birds


Looking forward to:
Thanksgiving, I think it's one of my favorite holidays, maybe because I can eat as much as I want without feeling guilty LOL


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Get the family involved, especially the kids. On Sunday's we all clean together and everything gets done faster. The kids love dusting and cleaning so the don't complain and actually have fun.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I read so many last week, I finally caught up on my Google Reader but I can't pick just a single one.


Favorite photo from last week:

Me and Nicholas, I love the way the photo turned out, we were goofing off in front of the camera.




Lesson learned the past few days:
Your children will mirror everything they see and hear. It's up to us as parents to show them and lead by example, they learn from what they see around them and there's nothing better than witnessing them being kind and thoughtful towards others. It makes me so proud.


On my Prayer List:
All my friends and family
Troops overseas
Friend of mine going through Breast Cancer


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”- 1 Peter 2:9



12 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

I like your blog and this happy homemaker meme thingy. I love those crochet birds. Do you sell them?

God bless.

Jodi said...

I saw those crochet birds you posted.. too cute! Have a great Monday!

Amy said...

Happy Monday! Love the picture.

Debra said...

Great picture! So true about your lesson.

Have a good day!

Wendi said...

Great lesson learned. It always makes me stop and think about what I am doing when I see Megan mirror me.

Jen said...

I love the picture! Pray you have a great day.

YayaOrchid said...

Sandra, what an absolutely beautiful and perfect Scripture! Thank you for reminding me of this.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

You are so right when it comes to modeling our behavior in front of our kids. It really does rub off good and bad.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sarah said...

That picture kind of freaks me out! :)

Have a great week!

annies home said...

what a great fun picture

Conny said...

love your pic ... looks like a good time had by all :)

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Great tips and I love the picture of you and Nicholas. Thanks for hosting this event each week.

Blessings,
Elizabeth