Monday, February 01, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
50 degrees but nice and sunny.


One of my simple pleasures:
Hugging my children tightly


On my bedside table:
Twenties Girl
Some books for review


On my TV:
Emma 2009
Stargate Atlantis


On the menu for tonight:
French Lasagne from Mari. Can't wait to try it.


On my To Do List:
Grocery shopping
Laundry
Sweep and Mop
Change bed linens


New Recipe I tried last week:
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls from Joann

2010_01290021


In the craft basket:
I don't even remember anymore, it's been ages since I've looked in there.


Looking forward to:
More Emma and Lark Rise to Candleford on TV


Homemaking Tip for this week:

There's a reason the pros can tote all the products they need in one tray: they've simplified cleaning products. Professional cleaners carry:

  • light-duty evaporating cleaner (glass cleaner or multi-surface cleaner)
  • heavy-duty degreasing cleaner
  • tile cleaner
  • powdered abrasive cleanser

That's it! No soap scum remover, no special counter spray, no single-use products designed to clean only blinds or fans or walls. The pros know that these four simple products can handle any ordinary cleaning chore.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Haven't had a chance to read any yet....but if you haven't read it yet, I would point you in the direction of my wedding ring post, it will bring a new perspective to the way you see your wedding rings.


Favorite photo from last week:

My homemade DVD/CD covers

DVD Covers


Lesson learned the past few days:
Let it go....just let it go and put it in the Lord's hand, but don't turn around and demand to have it back because it's not getting taken care of as fast or as you see fit. Just LET IT GO and LET GOD!


On my Prayer List:
Family and Friends


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
Psalm 119:9

9 comments:

Mary said...

This is my first time doing Happy Homemaker Monday! :)

Sandra said...

The cinnamon rolls look yummy. I loved your post about your wedding rings.

Mike Golch said...

the cinnamon rolls look good enought to reach through the computer and grab one.

Jen said...

Those cinnamon look great! I'm looking forward to Emma as well!! Have a great day!

becky said...

we both tried cinnamon rolls in the bread machine last week! Weren't they great?! I don't think I'll ever be able to eat cinnamon rolls from a can again! Loved the verse you shared too...great post this week!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Those cinnamon rolls look great! and I agree with the hugging being a pleasure--a perfect pleasure....
★Linda

Maria's Space said...

This is my first time doing this meme. Love it!

Love those CD covers. Great idea.

Renee said...

Wonderful post! I love your DVD/CD covers and those cinnamon rolls look tasty! Hmm..I think I'll have to make some .... right now - lol. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Those cinnamon rolls do look good!

Sorry I missed doing Happy Homemaker Monday. I've been really busy this week.

xxxx