Monday, March 01, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Blue skies and not a cloud in sight, which is amazing considering the amount of rain we've been getting.


One of my simple pleasures:
Spending a few hours at a bookstore


On my bedside table:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Darcy's Story

On my TV:
Lark Rise to Candleford Season 3
Daniel Deronda


On the menu for tonight:
Not sure yet, I'm going grocery shopping this morning and I'm still finishing off the menu.


On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried last week:

Butterscotch Bites

Butterscotch Bites


In the craft basket:
Still working on my granny square blanket.


Looking forward to:
American Idol tonight LOL But it may be the last year I watch, I love Simon and the thought of him leaving just turns me off the show completely.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Align CenterLemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Didn't read any blogs last week, I have to catch up today, so I'm leaving this one blank.


Favorite photo from last week:

2010_02220017



Lesson learned the past few days:
That when you learn to appreciate everything in your life, you realize that you are far more rich than you think to be.


On my Prayer List:
My husband and children
My family
Friends


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4


6 comments:

annies home said...

love your lesson learned

Jen said...

I love your lesson learned. Also, I love cleaning with lemons! I love the scent, I love everything about lemons.

Have a great day!

Anna Jo said...

Love your lesson learned! So true!

I use lemons to make my garbage disposal smell better! Just cut it in half and drop it in, then turn the disposal on and in a few seconds the whole kitchen smells lemony and good!

Tina Leigh said...

Cant wait to hear what you say about the books! I love the book store.....I have to stay out of them!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what's on your bedside table! My husband and I have had many late night talks about how we would survive the zombie apocalypse. Anyways, hope you had a wonderful time at the book store!
~Kari

Amy said...

Sandra...could you post the link for your crochet bag/basket that you made that is in the beautiful photo with your granny squares??? Beautiful photo!