Monday, April 19, 2010

{ Amish Grace }

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I've been kind of MIA for the past week, nothing is wrong but I've been just so busy with Spring Cleaning and life in general, that I have not had a chance to sit down and blog.

But I had a little time this evening and decided I should come in and at least say hi, see how everyone is doing and tell you that you must, just must must must watch the movie Amish Grace on Lifetime.

I missed it when it premiered and then completely forgot about it until a friend of mine mentioned it this afternoon, I'm so glad she did because I've been dying to watch this movie.

It is based on the true story about the aftermath that followed the 2006 schoolhouse shooting in the Amish community of Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania.

You too can watch it by following this link to the Lifetime Movie Network website, but be prepared to cry, you'll need a full box of Kleenex, believe me.

For a preview:



I don't think I've been this touched by a movie, in a long time, I cried, no actually...I sobbed in some scenes, I vividly remember watching these events unfold on television and feeling such a sense of sadness and confusion as to how these Amish families could just forgive the shooter that easily.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Through this movie I was able to get their point of view, to understand why and how they forgave the shooter, how they embraced his wife and children and how they themselves managed to get through this dark time in their lives.

It gave me hope, it made me reflect on how we live our lives, how faith in our Lord can sustain us through so much, even when we think we can't take it anymore.

I've always had the utmost respect for the Amish but this movie took it to a whole new level for me, it really brought to light what being a Christian is all about. To have that strength inside you and that much faith to be able to push past the feelings of anger and hatred and allow the Lord to do what he is supposed to do, to take it from you, to help you through it.

When I grow up, I want to be like the Amish.

And that may sound real corny to say, but it's the best way to describe what I'm feeling after watching that movie.

I urge you to watch it and then tell me if you weren't moved, if you weren't inspired and touched by it, I think it will change you forever, it certainly did me.

10 comments:

Tasha said...

I seen this movie and i like it , i cryed too

Renee said...

I saw the movie last week online and sobbed my way through the whole thing. It really was good!

Linda C said...

Thanks for this post,Sandra! I will watch it. I've seen it previewed but missed it so far.

I'll get the tissue ready:)

Linda C

Jillina said...

Sandra, you're such a good Christian, I can't imagine you being any better! It's good to know that you have so much faith, because your own faith has inspired me these past several years.

I have heard such good things about this movie, I'm certainly going to make time to watch it soon. :)

<3 you guys!

XOXOXOXO

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have actually watched this movie twice now. I cried both times. It's very inspirational! It is amazing to see the Lord take something so ugly and turn it into something beautiful! It is a touching movie!

Amy said...

I absolutely JUST LOVE your blog and picture heading. I love the little house on the Praire life and the simplicity it brings. I Will definately watch this movie, looks really good!! LOVE movies like these! Thanks for the info :)

Anonymous said...

I just watched this movie this weekned ahd I have to say, i can not believe there are people out there that do these things. I cried as my heart broke for those families and the family of the man.


I have to say, I have checked back with your blog a few times and I love it, I have now become a follower. Very nicely done!

Sylvia said...

Thank you for putting on the link Sandra. Clicked to watch it but it's unavailable in the UK! I'll remember the name though in case it does come.

Susanne said...

It's unavailable to Canada. :v( Maybe Walmart will have it or Amazon. I'll have to look there.

Christina said...

I saw this too and it did teach me a lot about forgiveness. What a tear jerker.