Friday, April 30, 2010

{ Sunset and Sensitive }

That title made no sense huh?

Well sunset because I'm about to share with you some beautiful sunset pictures I took about two hours ago.

And sensitive, because that's how I'm feeling tonight, extra whiny and yucky. Let me just say that I wish Aunt Flo would take her nuisance and go bother someone else. Or even better, quit bothering me PERIOD. No pun intended! *snicker*

It's the week before she arrives and I find myself bloated, eating every 2 minutes and feeling like my breasts weight 50 lbs. It's uncomfortable and it makes me cranky and pissy. I hate feeling this way.

But I got Midol and I got chocolate, so I'm good to go....Oh and I got a stunning sunset to boot.

So before I go into a huge pity party for one, I'll save you all the trouble and just show you pretty pictures and while you look at them, I'm going to hunt down the other chocolate bar and drown out my hips complaining about the calories.

Tonight, I'm having a ball and indulging in fattening snacks, chick movies and trashy novels.

I'll emerge sometime tomorrow morning, feeling much better.

2010_04300008

2010_04300010

2010_04300013

2010_04300014

11 comments:

Mari said...

Beautiful sunset. Hope you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Sandra.

Let me tell you something, after "Aunt Flo" quits showing up in your life you will have a new friend come.....hot flashes. They are no fun either.

Sounds like you had a good Friday evening. Take care.

Debbi

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hi Sandra ~ Hope you are feeling better today. Those sunset pictures were gorgeous.

It's funny Debbi mentioned 'hot flashes', they are awful. I don't miss Aunt Flo and all of the PMS symptoms, but the hot flashes are terribly bothersome that's for sure. They strike without warning too.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

FlowerLady

Mrs.B said...

Enjoyed your photos!!

~~~In HIS Keeping,
Mrs.B~~~

Amy said...

Gorgeous photos!!! We have similarlly beautiful sunsets here in the Texas panhandle, in Amarillo, as well. ;-)

I agree with other posters. Aunt Flo sucks, but hot flashes and mood swings, well, I really am not sure which is worse. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago. Everyone kept saying "you're going to be a new woman", "you are going to feel so wonderful". Well, NOT!

Feel better. Oh, and come by and check out my give away on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better this morning!
Lovely pictures.
Monica

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Just lovely.

Sorry you're suffering. I suffer hideously too - I hear the menopause is worse. *sigh* It's all Eve's fault, LOL. Big hugs to you.

Alaina said...

Lovely pictures :) It's nice to just lost yourself and indulge.
I am officially following your blog now and I posted a link to your blog on mine. I've deleted my old blog and started a new one if you want to check it out :) I really enjoy reading your writing :)
My Blog: http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I got rid of Aunt Flo 10 years ago--and I don't miss her at all!!
I forgot how gorgeous the sunsets are in the southwest with all the wide open spaces. I miss it!!
Have a great rest of the weekend.

Renee said...

Beautiful photos Hope your feeling better tomorrow.

Susanne said...

I can totally relate. I feel like eating the house out. Beautiful sunsets!