Monday, July 26, 2010

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - July 26}

HHM
New HHM banner


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Still cloudy, we've had clouds for over a week and not any rain, just a little drizzle the other day.


Things that make me happy:
Crocheting


Book I'm reading:
Nothing right now, just finished Mr Darcy's Daughters and loved it.


What I'm enjoying on TV:
Pretty Little Liars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2


On the menu for dinner:
Tuna Casserole


On my To Do List:
Laundry and more Laundry
Usual picking up of the house


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Just made my first Sourdough Bread and it was AMAZING. Recipe will follow later today.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
Getting ready for school, this weekend we're buying all the school clothes and supplies.


Tips and Tricks:
Use a few drops of lemon juice to help remove grout stains. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Wipe dry. Lemon juice also acts as a mild disinfectant and leaves your house smelling fresh and inviting.


My favorite blog post this week:
Been so busy this past week, I haven't done any blog reading.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
^^^^^^^ Read post above


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Sourdough Starter


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterThat nothing is too hard to achieve. For many years I have shied away from Sourdough Starter finding it intimidating and scary....but like all things in life, you gotta take a risk sometimes.


On my mind:
School starting on the 9th


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
Deuteronomy 30:16


No comments: