Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 27

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's 80 degrees outside, even though we never really get very cold here, this time of the year the temperatures drop quite a bit and feels wonderful outside.


Things that make me happy:
Watching a good movie


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What's on my TV today:
Sister Wives - It started yesterday and I DVR'd it, going to watch and see what I think.


On the menu for dinner:
Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry


On my To Do List:

Finish all the Laundry
Change the bed linens
Filing and paperwork


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not new to me, but Homemade Breadcrumbs, which you can find on my Food Blog.



In the craft basket:
Halloween Stitchery...got some cute ones I'm working on.


Looking forward to this week:
Just a good happy productive week at school and work.


Tips and Tricks:
Bite your lip and ignore it. Dust and dirt are not pretty but in the grand scheme of life, it matters little whether your house is June Cleaver clean.



My favorite blog post this week:
Chiot's Run "Shoes or No Shoes"....great post.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Finally started going through my Google Reader, I'm sure it will take me a while longer to get to them all and to come visit my friends, but I'm getting there.    Old Centennial Farmhouse is a blog I accidentally stumbled upon a while go, just love it.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:

That sometimes closing the door to the outside world for a weekend, is SO good to the soul.  That's exactly what we did, we spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in our home, just us 4, we laughed, we watched movies, we ate junk food, we stayed up late and slept in later.  And now we're ready for another full week of work.


On my mind:
So many things....my To Do List is a big one.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.
1 Peter 4:7

No comments: