Monday, September 06, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 6

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's cloudy and 80 degrees, thank goodness for cooler temps


Things that make me happy:
The Lord


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What's on my TV today:
The Gates - catch up on new episode from last night
Eureka Season 2


On the menu for dinner:
Fried Chicken and Zucchini Melts


On my To Do List:
Laundry and more Laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Twice Baked Potato Casserole, will have the recipe up on the food blog this morning.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
A peaceful week for my daughter at school.


Tips and Tricks:
Remember, homemaking isn't about just keeping the house spotless and making great meals for your family to eat. The whole point of homemaking is to love your family by caring for them. That means spending time talking with them and doing activities with them. Sometimes you have to be willing to let the kitchen get a little dirty while spend time with your kids!


My favorite blog post this week:
There were quite a few, I can't think of one specifically.....maybe just my own about the bully problems, but only because of the wonderful replies it got.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Eyes of Wonder - Not exactly a new blog to me, I've followed her for a long long time, but she just recently started posting again. I'm captivated by her family, her photos, her stories...just love this blog.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2009_12260213



Lesson learned the past few days:

That being a mother is the most rewarding but also the most painful, hard experience I'll ever have to go through in my life. To feel helpless, to feel hopeless, to feel that your child is being treated unfairly and know that there was nothing you could to stop it. It's heartbreaking but it's also made me a stronger person.


On my mind:
I don't think I need to tell you all what is on my mind, pretty obvious it's this whole bully issue.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:9-10



Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

— John 14:23 (NIV)

No comments: