Thursday, December 09, 2010

Hello There.....


No, you're not at the wrong blog, it's still little ol' me, just a little different sporting my new reading glasses.

See the kids and I went for our eye exams a few weeks ago and it turns out that my eyes are great but since I do a lot of reading and crocheting, computer stuff, the doctor felt that I needed some reading glasses to help me out a little.  It's so weird, I'm not used to seeing myself in these and though my family says I look super cute, it's going to take some adjustment.  HA!

So where have I been?

Well, I've been busy, real real busy with paperwork and enrollment forms to get my children signed up for Connections Academy.  And guess what?  They're officially approved and they begin homeschooling January 3rd.

To tell you that I'm excited about it would be a total understatement, I'm thrilled, I'm giddy, I'm just ready to remove them from their horrid school and begin now, but I have to be patient, see there's no need for me to pull them out now when next week Friday they will begin Winter Break.  So we're all eagerly anticipating this new adventure and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be taking you all on this journey with us.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and words of encouragement on my Homeschooling post, it really helped me feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one to have gone through this roller coaster and also knowing that there are so many of you out there willing to offer advice and help to a new homeschooling mama.  It means the world to me, really makes me feel like I have THE BEST blog readers in the world.  So Thank you :)

I've also been crocheting a little.  Pretty Crochet Slouchy hats.  It was meant for me but I think I have a big head because it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but look at how adorable Jasmine looks?

And the best part?  I started this hat one night, crocheted for about an hour and then finished it the next evening after about 30 minutes.  Super easy, super quick and adorable.



If you want to try the hat for yourself, here's the pattern I used.  It's the Pretty Puffs Slouchy Hat.

I know this is a short little post but I have to go visit all my Cooking Thursday participants and there's a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel that I really want to see, so off I go, wishing you a very warm, cozy and restful night.

No comments: