Monday, January 10, 2011

The Courage Companion by Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons


In The Courage Companion, the co-authors of the bestselling Living Life as a Thank You present stories of extraordinary fortitude. These true tales not only invite the reader to "tap into--and hold onto--our inner strength when times get tough and when we're feeling all alone," but also act as guides to inspire anyone to just do it, whatever that "it" may be.

I love that this book is broken down into different chapters about courage and filled with amazing stories about people who have been faced with obstacles in their lives ranging from abuse, natural disasters, and political oppression to physical illness, mental deterioration, and job loss. Each story is prefaced by a quote from a well-known historical figure and followed by a mantra exercise which addresses a particular type of courage.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it honesty gave me the courage and the strength that I needed to get through some tough times.  It helps you see the light when you're feeling lost or discouraged about something.

I read the book in between daily life, housework, taking care of kids and cooking etc.  I found it helpful that it was broken into chapters that I could easily read through and then set aside when needing to take a break to deal with something else.

Thank you to Jennie from Viva Editions for supplying me with a copy of the book for this review.  All opinions are mine.

No comments: