Saturday, January 08, 2011

Saturday Snippets

Up until last week I used to think of Weekends as just another day, or should I say, my weeks pretty much ran into weekends and there was no change whatsoever.

The housework would be done during the week and as Saturday and Sunday crept upon me I didn't find myself craving for the moments of sleeping in in the morning, or spending the whole day doing absolutely nothing.

Needless to say I think I was starting to take the weekends for granted.

Enter homeschooling!

My life took a complete tumble and did a 180 flip, knocking me to the ground, shaking my once very organized and monotonous days and in a way challenging me like I hadn't been challenged since I first said I do and while pregnant with Jasmine set foot an airplane that would bring me thousands of miles to my husband and to my new home.

It sorta kinda feels like that right now, just not to that extreme, but having to reorganize my life and learn to do things different, juggle my schedule around and fit things here and there.

On the one hand I have SO much more time for certain things, but on the other hand, I'm struggling a little to get my usual daily chores in plus the kids schooling plus my crochet/knitting etc.

Don't run away, this is not a "woe is me" post, I just wanted to let you all know that as challenging as the change has been, I'm well on my way to figuring it all out and when I do, you better watch out LOL

So here is a little snippet of what my day has been, other than catching up on laundry and sweeping and all the other house duties that sorta fell through the cracks the past few days.

2011_01080010

Got a helping hand from Nicholas, he enjoys using the vacuum, not really because he's cleaning but more because he can suck up all his toys and see which get sucked into the vortex and which survive.  Don't ask, he's a boy and that should be enough of an answer.

DSCF3016

A big pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup simmered in the crockpot.  It was supposed to be last night's dinner but we went for a walk and then sorta chit chatted for quite a while with some friends and by the time we got back in the house everyone wanted a burger.  HA!

The soup was saved for lunch today and HOW good it tasted.  Sprinkle of shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and YUM!

2011_01080016

My poor blanket has been sorta kinda neglected this past week, I could have been way more ahead but like I explained above this was one of the things that I was doing when I caught a few moments break and so far this week I've only had one night to do it and plodded along through 3 flowers before falling asleep.

2011_01080018

It's looking beautiful though and it makes me smile everytime I see it's pretty colors and think about the finished product.

Now I must get off this computer and go start on dinner, I'm making Fried Chicken with Milk Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob......and dessert you may be wondering.....I think I may make some Lemon Tea Cookies to use up the huge amounts of lemon coming from our tree.

No comments: