Saturday, March 05, 2011

Creating ...

I don't know about you all, but I find that I can't really be creative when I'm surrounded by a mess or disorganization.

I just don't feel right, so before I could sit down and work on some hooky crochet fun today, I had some housework to get through.



I ironed, folded and put away a couple loads of laundry and got the kids bed linens all washed, beds freshly made.

Unpacked the last of the boxes, sorted through everything we had sitting out in the driveway.  Donation items, stuff for the recycle center etc.  Got all that taken care of too.

I also made another batch of chocolate popcorn, the one I made yesterday is already gone.  What can I say, we love popcorn and chocolate and when they're melded together, it's just irresistible.

Chocolate Popcorn

My wonderful hubby recently got promoted to Assistant Flight Chief which means, no more working out on the flight line, he is now the big boss and with it come an assortment of new responsibilities and functions that he has to attend.

Tonight was the Maintenance Awards, so he had to go, it was only for two hours, but nonetheless, it's on a weekend so it was the just kiddos and I.

That is when I was able to sit down, after all the housework was taken care of, pulled out my crochet hooks and started some quick projects that I've had my eye on.

One of them are little hexagons which I'm going to turn into a cushion.  Can't show you those yet, but this next one I CAN and I'm so thrilled with the way they look.

Crochet Flower Picture

2011_03050013

So easy to make and so quick too and I just love how they look on the wall.

2011_03050012

I'm going to make 2 or 3 more, I want to get a row of these crocheted flowers on the wall. 

2011_03050011

I'm tickled to death with these, they are just adorable.

2011_03050007


2011_03050005

If you want to try these for yourself, you can find the tutorial here

2011_03050004

Of course while I crocheted, I had some goodies to snack on.  Hubby went by the commissary earlier in the day and bought a bunch of Girl Scout Cookies.  We LOVE Girl Scout Cookies :)

Anyway, that is how I spent my day, now I think I'm going to sit down and maybe watch a movie.  I have Love and Other Drugs, Glorious 39 and Winter's Bone....don't know which one to pick, maybe I should just watch them all? 

Have you watched any good movies lately?

No comments: