Saturday, March 12, 2011

I miss this little corner

2011_03120007

I truly do.

I feel like I've been out of touch with an old good friend and just dying to sit down with a cup of coffee and catch up on everything that has been going on.

Life has a way of turning things upside down sometimes and you get dealt some blows that you wonder how to get through, how to recover, how to come out on the other side.  Add in the fact that you are a mom, a military wife and a homemaker and sometimes it's all you can do to keep your face above water and keep plodding through every day.

I'm been busy folks, really super busy, and stressed and happy at times and sad at others, I've laughed and I've cried more than I've done in a while and all this stress has caused me to break out in cold sores, not only on my lip which is where I usually get it, but actually on my cheek.  It's awful, makes me feel so cruddy and I can't go out anywhere without getting the feeling that everyone is just staring at my face.

Stress does that to me, it throws me out of whack so I have to counter balance it all out with some good relaxing fun with the family.

It's what I've been doing today.  We set out early morning to Petsmart to get some fish for our Aquarium

2011_03120008

Got a few cute little Tropical guys and even a little crab who the kids have named Mr Krabs from Spongebob  Hahaha

I just find Aquariums so relaxing, I could literally sit and watch these fish all day long.

2011_03120028

Before the fish stop though, we stopped at Fresh & Easy for some goodies.  Don't know about  you all but it's one our favorite places to shop at, it's usually very quiet, not a lot of people around, the prices are pretty cheap and they always have the prettiest fresh flowers and delicious produce.

2011_03120001

Picked up some Gardens in a Bag, already started the Lavender and will get the Oregano under way tomorrow :)

Also went ahead and got my garlic planted, they were ready to go :)

2011_03120003

Picked up a Lasagna and some garlic cheese bread and we had ourselves a very tasty and healthy lunch for about $12.  Much cheaper and healthier than grabbing fast food don't you think?

2011_03120013

After lunch we got to work on the yards again, mowing, watering and adding a few more things, like my new favorite feature, a fountain well that I just adore :)

And this is how it looks at night.....

2011_03120045

Beautiful isn't it?  And I find the trickling sound of the water very therapeutic.

2011_03120046

The kiddos enjoy being out there was we work, they run back and forth, ride their scooters, or just plain sit on the truck and enjoy the fresh air.

2011_03120052

And after a long days' work, we step inside right as the sun starts setting

2011_03120061

to enjoy a delicious dinner of grilled steaks, mushrooms and onions and some steak fries. Enjoyed with a cold beer of course, which I have to say I really enjoyed :)

So now my dear friends, I'm going to finally sit down and go and visit all the Cooking Thursday participants and then catch up on some crochet.

Hope you all have a wonderful night. :)

No comments: