Monday, March 14, 2011

Victorian Pharmacy

You all know how much I love a good UK show, matter of fact, I think that the shows from the UK are amazing and way more interesting than anything I could watch here on our local TV's.

I'm always looking for the latest dramas, tv series and productions from BBC or ITV and I've been extremely lucky in finding some treasures.

When I found out about this one, I immediately went in search of it online.

Victorian Pharmacy is a historical documentary TV series in four parts, first shown on BBC Two in July 2010. It was made for the BBC by independent production company Lion Television. It was filmed at Blists Hill Victorian Town in Shropshire.[1] It is a historical documentary that looks at life in the 19th Century and how people attempted to cure common ailments. Since some of the ingredients of Victorian remedies are now either illegal or known to be dangerous, Nick Barber often uses his modern pharmaceutical knowledge to produce similar products without those ingredients. The other main presenters are Tom Quick, a PhD student, and Ruth Goodman, a domestic historian who also appeared in Tales from the Green Valley, Victorian Farm and Edwardian Farm.

I've just got my hands on the first episode and I'm about to watch it, but I thought I would come by and share it with you all in the hopes that maybe one of my UK readers has watched it already or to give the rest of you a heads up on a good show to watch.

 You can find the episodes on You Tube as well, here is the first episode - part one:



Part two:



Part three:



Part four:



What do you think?  It's just up my alley, I love the fact that it's kind of along the lines of the great PBS shows like 1900's House and Manor House and all those other great ones.

I also found out that there is a Victorian Farm series too, so that one is definitely on my list to watch :)

So there you are, just a little drop by and run post to share something with you, oh and do keep an eye out on the blog the next few days, I have some great giveaways coming up :)

No comments: