Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Round up

Guess what?  I'm back and I'm here to stay.

I have missed this little blog so much, but life gets hectic at times and we end up focused on other things but, in my heart, I was just missing it so much, missing staying in touch with all of you and sharing my daily going ons and tips and recipes and whatever else I find myself immersed in.

So how about we start fresh?  Starting with this weekend, let me get you all caught up on what is going on here.   I have a pot of tea and some butter cookies for us, so come in and sit with me a little, let's look at some photos :)

Saturday:::::::

2011_03260009

Digging up weeds is a tough job, but like every other chore in this house, we make it fun :)

2011_03260011

Flowers waiting to be planted into the raised bed just beneath our bedroom window.

2011_03260013

2011_03260014

At 8:30pm, the lights and all electronics were turned off for an hour in observation of Earth Hour.  It's such a small thing to do but with a huge impact on our planet, I only wish that more people participated.

Earth Hour

With the thought of helping out the Earth, fresh in our minds, we have decided as a family that everyday we will have a blackout hour, no computers, no tv, no video games, nothing.....just good old fashioned family time.  We can't wait :)

Earth Hour

Earth Hour

Earth Hour

Earth Hour

Earth Hour

Sunday:::::

We started the day with a pancake breakfast and then a trip to one of our favorite places to walk around.  Cabelas!

2011_03270022

2011_03270021

2011_03270005

Then it was back home for some gardening, yard work and fun in the sun.

My patio table has pretty much become my little work area, the plants seem to thrive there and I've never had much luck with anything green so I don't want to mess with the goodness LOL

By the way, don't throw out your extra chopsticks that you may have laying around, use them as markers for your pots :)

2011_03270064

Here's our corn, I'm so excited :)

2011_03270069

The sprinkler was going and of course the kids couldn't wait to get in there.

You know I look at these pictures and I just wonder where time has gone, how is it possible that this girl is getting so big???

2011_03270087

Absolutely LOVE this one, it has to be one of my favorites of Jasmine :)

2011_03270109

My sweet sweet adorable boy, he makes me laugh on a daily basis and he is always there giving me love and showering me with kisses and hugs :)

2011_03270095

Though that shot right there just makes me start laughing, his face is hysterical LOL

So anyway, that's what we've been doing this weekend.  I've also been catching up on my Homestead Blessings DVD's and I have so much planned for this coming week, and I'll be sharing it all with you :)

Before I leave though, take a look at what we had for dinner.  Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, SO good and the best part is that you can just go on with your day while it simmers and fills your home with delicious scents.

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan

Alright, my tea is getting cold, I'm going to go pour myself another cup and maybe steal another cookie.....or two. I hope you have an amazing night and a wonderful week, don't forget to come back tomorrow for Happy Homemaker Monday, a review on Weight Watcher meals and some other cool stuff too :)

No comments: