Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nutty, crazy, busy week coming up

Oy!

I can't even think of anything else to say other than Oy, like OY VEY!

It's just going to be a crazy busy week around here.

We are doing AIMS testing, it started today for grades 3-8 and the Stanford Testing for 2nd graders as well.

As things stand, we have to drop Jasmine off at her location for her AIMS which begins at 9am, then we have to return to pick her up at 11am, bring her home, give both kids lunch and go right back to drop Nicholas off for his Stanford testing at 1pm.

Can I just say that it's nuts?

Today was the first day and I'm exhausted, I didn't really get much time to do anything at home at all, housework and the kids schooling has to wait until they're both home and done for the day around 4:30pm.

On top of that they also have LEAP tests to take.  Yep, those pretty babies just popped up yesterday on their schedule so not only do they have their State Testing to do this week, they still have their daily schooling plus extra tests.

Send me strength, I'm going to need it.

But enough whining about that, yesterday my little angel turned 8 years old.  He was so funny, he woke up in the morning and the first thing he said was DING I'm Level 8.  Hahahahahah

Being as it was his day, he got to pick what we did, well, within our means of course.  So a trip to the zoo followed by a delicious filling meal at Golden Corral.  We had such a blast.

I have a ton of pictures that I took of our day and frankly if I put them all on here I would either put you all to sleep or I would crash Blogger and really I don't think this website needs any help in that department.


Here's one of our family right as we entered the Zoo.  


I love this one, they may bicker and fight at times but they love each other to death :)

Now do you want to see some of the zoo ones? 

2011_04110128

2011_04110103

2011_04110072

2011_04110061

2011_04110161

2011_04110142

That's just a few, if you want to see the rest, you can check out the album on Flickr, it's Phoenix Zoo.

We had such a blast, I think there's nothing like a family trip to the local zoo, it's just fun and it's educational to boot.

2011_04110539

2011_04110534

2011_04110526

All for this little naughty face. He had a good day and he kept saying "This is the best day ever, thank you mommy, thank you daddy, I love you guys". And hey, it's the best feeling in the world knowing that you were able to give your child a great day for their birthday.

2011_04110521

I think what made it better is because usually their birthdays are spent in school, they weren't home and therefore really didn't get to enjoy much unless we held off celebrating until the weekend after. But being able to really give them a day of their own, to make them feel special and to just love them, is the best feeling in the world and another big pro to our Homeschooling experience :)

Now I'm off to try and catch up on some TV as well as some book reading.  I have a bunch of book reviews coming up the next few weeks, oh yeah, and some great giveaways too :)

Have a blessed night!

No comments: